Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading self-financing university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications for the following position:
Academic Manager - School of Communication
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Gratuity, Medical plan|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Education / Training > Training & Development
Education / Training > Management - Schools / University / Vocational
Administration > Administration / Operation Manager
- provide support in various accreditation and re-accreditation exercises (e.g. preparation of discipline review documents, application for PAA, programme accreditation documents for local and external accreditation agencies including but not limited to HKCAAVQ), and the development of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes etc;
- provide support for the planning and development, management and quality assurance of academic programmes in the School;
- provide support in the preparation and revisions of annual budgets;
- provide support to the Dean in the strategic planning, teaching and learning development, formulation of research plans and strategies, and related administration;
- provide support in School-wide academic and promotion activities such as the annual Dean’s List and Awards Presentation Ceremony, conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.;
- provide secretariat support to various committees / working groups of the School and follow up the resolutions made by the committees / working groups;
- manage the collection and reporting of statistical information relating to the School; and
- coordinate within the School and with other Schools / Departments / Offices, and work closely with other academic divisions and teams.
- possess a recognized degree in a relevant field, preferably with a Master’s degree;
- possess solid administrative and supervisory experience, preferably in tertiary institutions;
- have a high level of competency in committee work and writing reports;
- have excellent command of both spoken and written English and Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese);
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- be well-organized, able to work under pressure and have multi-task capability.