In 2016/17, THEi is offering 20 degree programmes through three faculties.
Faculty of Design and Environment: Advertising, Fashion Design, Product Design, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Architecture (2-year professional programme), Horticulture and Landscape Management, and Surveying (jointly with the Faculty of Science and Technology).
Faculty of Management and Hospitality: Sports and Recreation Management, Culinary Arts and Management, Professional Accounting, Hotel Operations Management, Public Relations and Management, and Retail Management.
Faculty of Science and Technology: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Management, Building Services Engineering, Health Care, Food Science and Safety, Multimedia Technology and Innovation, and Information and Communications Technology.
In 2016/17, seven programmes (Fashion Design, Product Design, Landscape Architecture, Horticulture and Landscape Management, Culinary Arts and Management, Civil Engineering, and Environmental Engineering and Management) are in the Government’s Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions / Sectors, which provides subsidies to students varying from $40,000 to $70,000 per year.
All the programmes are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications. Most of them are also accredited by the relevant professional bodies.
A new campus is being built on a site in Chai Wan next door to the Institute of Vocational Education (IVE) campus at Chai Wan. It is scheduled for completion in 2017/18.
Accounting Assistant / Accounting Clerk
(a) To provide clerical and general administrative support in the following areas:
(i) accounting and book-keeping; and
(ii) supplies and stores administration;
(b) To draft simple correspondence;
(c) To assist in the compilation of management reports and statistics;
(d) To handle enquiries; and
(e) To perform other ad hoc tasks as assigned.
(a) (i) 5 subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) at Grade E/ Level 2 or above including English Language (Syllabus B)*, Chinese Language and Mathematics, or equivalent; OR
(ii) 3 subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination at Level 2 or above, including English Language*, Chinese Language and Mathematics, plus a combination of Level 2 in two other HKDSE subjects, "Attained" in Applied Learning subjects (up to 2 subjects) and Grade E in other language subjects; OR
(iii) A recognised Certificate / Diploma / Foundation Diploma / Foundation Certificate, or Project Yi Jin;
* Completion of Hong Kong Vocational English Programme (HKVEP) at Level 2 / passing 5 specific VTC’s Vocational English Module Certificates is considered an alternative qualification.
(b) Proficiency in the use of computer software applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Chinese word processing;
(c) Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills;
(d) Ability to work independently and be a good team player; and
(e) Relevant work experience in accounting will be a definite advantage.
(1) The post of Accounting Assistant is in the rank of Executive Assistant II, and the post of Accounting Clerk is in the rank of Executive Assistant III. Applicants without the academic qualifications required but have completed Form 5 or equivalent may be considered for the post of Accounting Clerk.
(2) Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend and pass a computer skills test in MS Word, Chinese word processing (Chajei (倉頡) or Quick/Easy (速成)) and MS Excel.
(3) The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
(4) Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement in the past 6 months need not re-apply.