Start Date: October 24, 2016
School Description: Grow With Us
Fairchild Junior Academy playgroup (FJA) opened in February 2016 and is the first step in our ambitious plan to develop schools to provide a through train school system that includes Playgroups, Kindergartens and Primary to Grade 12. We propose to open our second school, Fairchild Kindergarten (FK) in Sai Ying Pun in November 2016 pending Education Bureau licensing and registration.
Fairchild Junior Academy occupies the entire top floor of the Park Commercial Centre in Tin Hau with open views of Victoria Park and Harbour. FJA has created purpose-built classrooms for children to experience the natural elements of wood, water, sand, soil and sunlight with floor-to-ceiling windows, large aquarium\terrarium, planting garden, sand and water tables, a treehouse playground and a discovery loft.
Fairchild Kindergarten will be housed in Sai Ying Pun and occupies 8,000 square feet of learning space with plans to offer programs for children 2-6 years. Working with our talented architect and designer, we are creating purpose-built classrooms for children to experience the natural elements of wood, water, sand, and soil, planting gardens, sand and water tables, cooking and arts area and indoor playground.
School Mission: To cultivate curiosity, creativity and confidence in each child through an inquiry-based approach to learning.
Administrative Coordinator / Manager
- Greet and direct parents, caregivers, students and visitors to FJA or FK in a positive way in keeping with our mission and ethos that it is a happy place; address inquiries by phone, e-mail, or personal contact; relay messages; interact positively and assist students and teachers when necessary
- Maintain all office and playgroup / kindergarten record keeping systems, for example: student enrolment, attendance, incidents, parent reports, budgets, etc.
- Assist the Head of Early Childhood Education by formatting, editing and proofreading a variety of templates and communication materials (e.g. school newsletters, internal memorandum, performance appraisals, notices to parents etc.)
- Operate standard office equipment including computer (word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, data bases), photocopier, binding/laminating machine and fax machine.
- Be ready to lend a hand to teachers during classroom time. Everyone who works at FJA or FK is a part of the team who works with children.
- Answer phone calls and questions from parents with a working knowledge of FJA and FK.
Hours of Work:
- 5 to 6 days a week including Saturdays
Required and Preferred Qualifications and Experiences:
- Genuine interest in and love of children (required)
- Any combination of training/experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties as described (required)
- Fluency in both English and Chinese languages - written and spoken (required)
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision (required)
- Working knowledge of office procedures and standard office equipment, software and applications (required)
- A positive, collaborative team-player with a caring and responsible approach to all major duties (required)
- University Degree (preferred)
- Work experience in other schools, kindergartens, playgroup settings (preferred)
- Include a letter of application
- Include a current CV with photograph and the contact details of 3 professional referees
- Include all documents in a single PDF file and forward by email to: