Maples Fund Services is a leading independent provider of accounting, middle office, risk reporting and administration to onshore and offshore hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity, family offices, real estate funds and managed account platform services. With offices in key locations around the world, its clients include global financial institutions, institutional investors, investment managers and international corporations.
Due to significant growth and expansion of our Hong Kong office, Maples Fund Services is seeking highly motivated and talented individuals.
Administrator – Data Management
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, General holidays, Competitive pay, MPF, Discretionary bonus, Education subsidies, Dental plan, Insurance plan, Medical plan|
Banking / Finance > Research / Analysis
Banking / Finance > Fund Management
Banking / Finance > Operations
Applications are invited by the Hong Kong office of Maples Fund Services for the position of
Administrator – Data Management
The Data Management Administrator will join a global team that is responsible for the integrity of the data within our portfolio accounting system. In addition, the Administrator provides centralized support to fund accountants and external clients in the Cayman Islands, Boston, Montreal, Dublin, Dubai, Singapore and Hong Kong.
The Data Management Administrator will:
- provide support to fund accountant and investor services teams in our global offices with respect to the processing of investment data, reporting, troubleshooting errors and fund set-up;
- ensure transactions, prices, corporate actions, security master reference data, reconciliations and analytic reports are processed and generated in a timely and accurate manner;
- perform quality assurance check, generate various types of reports and assist data file delivery to overseas clients with daily timelines;
- liaise with market data vendors and prime brokers;
- assist in the design and implementation of automated processes for data loading and extracts
- globally managing use of systems with goal of optimal efficiency, providing training to global data management staff as necessary ; and
- work closely with Information Technology team and systems vendors to resolve issues and developing bespoke client solutions;
The ideal candidate will have a sound working knowledge of all types of securities (both listed and OTC markets) and practical experience in fund accounting applications (e.g Advent’s Geneva), and should demonstrate a keen awareness of industry and technology trends, in order to play a role in the continual evolution of this function. The successful candidate will view this demanding role as an opportunity to gain experience across Back office Data Management and Middle Office Reporting.
Candidates should have an Undergraduate Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance. Previous related work experience in the fund administration or Middle Office is desirable.
The successful applicant will be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills coupled with strong computer skills. The candidate must have the ability to use initiative and work well under pressure to meet deadlines. This post requires attention to detail, professionalism and the ability to multi task. Excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills are essential.
We offer a supportive environment, structured on a team basis. Benefits include 3 weeks vacation (pro-rated for part years), health insurance and pension plan. Our competitive remuneration package is based on qualifications and experience.