The World Green Building Council connects a global coalition of 75 member GBCs and their 27,000 member companies with a single mission: to transform the building industry towards sustainability. Our vision is a built environment that enables a high quality of life for all within limits the planet can support.
WorldGBC supports its member GBCs by providing networking and collaboration opportunities, education and leadership training, and platforms for sharing resources and undertaking leading-edge projects. It also plays a global advocacy role, acting as a spokesman for sustainability in the built environment, functioning as a peak body, and building alliances with related global organisations.
Asia Pacific Regional Network Manager
|Work exp||5 Years To 10 Years|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English|
|Location||Hong Kong, China, Asia Pacific|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Charity / NGO / Non-Profit Org|
Marketing / Public Relations > Marketing - Brand / Product Management
Management > General Management
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Business Development
Location: Limited to countries where we currently have Established or Emerging GBC members – Australia, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand,Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, South Korea
Salary: $50,000 - $70,000 USD, per annum plus benefits
The WorldGBC Asia Pacific Regional Network Manager
The World GBC Asia Pacific Regional Network is a coalition of Green Building Councils across Asia Pacific coming together in their common mission to shift the market to green building practices. The network is made up of 15 GBCs at various levels of development, bringing significant strength, representation and potential for driving the green building agenda from a regional scale.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage relationships with all Green Building Councils in the region, to understand and represent their needs in shaping organisational and regional strategy and activities;;
- Foster strong relationships amongst GBCs in the region, connecting CEOs, Boards, and staff to share best practice, exchange information, collaborate;;
- Coordinate closely with the Regional Chair and Steering Committee to develop and agree strategic direction of the Network;;
- Through the network, develop and implement activities in direct response to GBC needs in the region, including Policy, Education, Projects and Programmes, Awards, and Events, ensuring that every GBC member derives value from WorldGBC membership;;
- Work closely with Council Membership to advance GBCs development [prospective, emerging, established], ensure quality control and adherence to WorldGBC standards for GBCs, and support their growth and heightened impact in their respective countries;;
- Coordinate with Council Membership & Regional Network team and Global Projects and Partnerships to engage Asia Pacific GBCs with other regional networks and global programmes and projects and to inform the development of new global initiatives which support regional needs;;
- Coordinate with other regions, sharing learnings from establishing the Asia Pacific network and supporting them in developing the regional network model;;
- Develop and manage relationships with regional partners, sponsors, and funders, securing new and expanded funding and support for both regional network activities and individual GBC capacity building;;
- Oversee hiring and management of future Regional Network staff and/or consultants and contractors;;
- Manage the Regional budget;;
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to communicate successes and needs of the Regional GBCs and the Network to a regional and international audience;;
- Represent the region at a National, Regional and International Level, in speaking engagements, policy development, and in the media;;
- Assess and evaluate the impact of WorldGBC and GBC activities in the region.
- 5-10 years experience of working in the building/property/sustainability sector,either industry, government or other stakeholder group
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese
- Experience in fundraising and managing sponsorships
- Ability and capacity to manage multiple projects/activities, maintain tight deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work as part of a small team to tight deadlines
- Ability to build consensus from potentially competing viewpoints
The Asia Pacific Regional Network Manager will report directly to the Director of Membership and Regional Networks, and will have a dotted reporting line into the CEO.