Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA), one of the world's busiest international passenger and cargo airports, aims to maintain a leadership position in airport management and aviation-related businesses to strengthen Hong Kong as an international and regional aviation hub.
We are looking for high caliber individual to join the Airport Authority, the manager and operator of HKIA.
Assistant Accountant (Ref: FAD16-0465)
- Supervise subordinates to ensure smooth running of daily operations and timely closing in accordance with reporting schedule
- Follow up with irregularities and resolve daily operational issues through liaison with internal and external parties
- Validate all payment requests and ensure compliance with proper procedures and authorization
- Prepare and review month-end accrual schedules, journal entries, weekly cashflow statement, monthly account analysis and yearly audit schedules, etc.
- Review internal control procedures and recommend for process improvement
- Liaise with Treasury for special cheque run and urgent payments
- Assist in ad hoc projects when required
- Diploma in Accounting or above with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in accounting, preferably in Accounts payable and with supervisory experience
- Candidates with lower academic background but with more than 10 years’ relevant experience would also be considered
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications especially in Excel. Experience in using Oracle Financial System is preferred
- Good spoken and written English and Chinese. Knowledge of Putonghua is preferred
Interested parties please apply online via www.hongkongairport.com/careers
Closing date: 24 October 2016
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicant not being contacted by the Authority within eight weeks from the application closing date may assume that his/her application is unsuccessful. All personal data will be kept for a period of 12 months from the application closing date and will be destroyed afterwards.