Assistant Corporate Communication Manager - Public Affairs
|Location||Chek Lap Kok, HK International Airport, Lantau, Tung Chung|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Dental plan, Insurance plan, Medical plan|
|Industry||Airlines / Mass Transportation|
Marketing / Public Relations > Public Relation - General / Support
Marketing / Public Relations > Public Relation - Media / Investor Relations
Travel / Tourism > Airline
Department : Corporate Communication
Reports to: Corporate Communication Manager, Public Affairs
We are seeking for a high calibrate individual to join our Public Affairs and Media Relations team. This section follows the department's mission by building the company’s public profile, protecting corporate reputation and managing relations with the media, government, opinion leaders and other stakeholders. Section members also serve as the initial interface with the media.
The section is also responsible for maintaining the company’s preparedness for effective and efficient communications in a crisis situation, and proactive in informing the general public, the media and stakeholders about matters related to the aviation industry. It also promotes the role that Cathay Pacific plays in Hong Kong – as an airline, a responsible employer and a leader in Hong Kong’s development as hub of tourism and aviation.
- Effectively handle media enquiries on all kinds of incidents or issues, research information, prepare responses and maintain day-to-day communications on a timely and professional manner.
- Undertake fact finding and researches into topical Public Affairs policy items such and help preparing positioning papers, lines-to-take and QnAs.
- Monitor news relevant to the topical Public Affairs issues / policies and red-flag items of concern.
- Mapping public opinion matrixes on key issues.
- Be a key member in issue preparedness and crisis management.
- Prepare press materials, including press releases, official statements and Q&A etc.
- University graduate in Communications, Public Relations, Public Affairs or preferably related disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in public relations / corporate communications or media.
- Strong in issue management with deep understanding in current affairs.
- Good understanding of the media scene.
- Strong command of English and Chinese, both written and spoken. Fluency in Putonghua is an advantage.
- Flexibility to be a media duty manager on roster and work after office hours and weekends as the situation requires.
Application deadline : 20 Oct 2016