LOCATION: The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Cyberport, Hong Kong
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges.
Chicago Booth is proud to claim:
- an unmatched faculty.
- degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents.
- a global body of over 50,000 accomplished alumni.
- strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities.
- state-of-the-art facilities in all of our campuses around the world.
Assistant Director, Student Recruitment and Admissions, Executive MBA Program ‐ Hong Kong
|Work exp||Minimum 6 Years|
|Location||Hong Kong Island|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||MPF, Medical plan|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Education / Training > Others
Marketing / Public Relations > Marketing - Brand / Product Management
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Direct Sales
GENERAL SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Recruitment and Admissions, the Assistant Director, Recruitment and Admissions, assists the Director to: 1) develop and execute marketing and communication strategies and plans in Asia to recruit the highest caliber students to Chicago Booth’s Executive MBA Program; 2) analyze and evaluate applicant pool to select the highest caliber students for the program; 3) raise awareness of Chicago Booth in Asia; 4) cultivate effective relationships with corporate partners, alumni and students to ensure a stream of quality prospective Executive MBA students.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Student Recruitment and Admissions
- Manage and respond to queries from prospective candidates from various channels; follow them through from initial contacts through to admission and matriculation. The majority of the time in this role is spent on this activity.
- Work with the Director to create a comprehensive communications plan to keep inquires and prospective students engaged through all phases of recruitment process.
- Represent Chicago Booth at the Executive MBA program info sessions in Asia, including presenting, running Q&A, managing alumni / student panels, and coordinating on-site logistics.
- Follow students through the admissions and application process – ensuring a seamless and positive experience.
- Review and evaluate applications and make recommendations to the admissions committee.
- Work with the Director to create a marketing plan and content to maximize the benefit of our advertising budget through the use of direct mail campaigns, online channels, search engines, print media and other publications.
- Develop strategies to engage alumni, students, corporate partners, and other referral sources to cultivate a quality pipeline of prospective Executive MBA students.
- Research competition, market trends and best practices to provide useful insights to marketing and admissions strategic planning.
- Work with external agencies, other campuses and central marketing team to drive quality content regularly to social media platforms and website with the goal to achieve greater awareness of Chicago Booth in Asia.
- Coordinate with and provide input to PR colleagues when necessary to strengthen media relations for the school in Asia. Coordinate media inquiries when necessary.
- Meet class enrollment targets, including number and quality level of students
- Increase quantity of qualified prospects, applicants, and admitted students
- Increase quality of applicant pool and admitted class (academic, diversity-geographic, gender, industry and job function)
- Increase media coverage and awareness for the School in Asia
- Positive working relationships with other team members in Hong Kong, Singapore, London and Chicago
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree required, an MBA or a master’s degree desirable
- 6 or more years of substantive and relevant work experience with progressive responsibility Experience in higher education, or other high-end sales and / or marketing in Asian context is an advantage
- Track records of meeting sales target
- Excellent presentation, and oral and written communication skills in English
- Customer-service oriented, strong team player, strong interpersonal skills, strong ability to engage various stakeholders from different cultural backgrounds
- Enjoy engaging with people one on one, either by phone or in person
- Proficient with MS Office and database management
- Proficiency in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) or other Asian language would be an advantage
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends and travel extensively
- Must be able to work legally in Hong Kong on a permanent basis
cpjobs.com - Assistant Director, Student Recruitment and Admissions, Executive MBA Program ‐ Hong Kong - is a part of Education / Training, Marketing / Public Relations, Sales / Business Development / Customer Service, Education / Training, in Hong Kong, placed by The University of Chicago Booth School of Business