A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Assistant Insurance Finance Manager
Financial Control – Insurance Business Finance Department
Hang Seng's Financial Control function works closely with the Bank's stakeholders, including business partners, shareholders, regulators and external examiners. We function as their accountants and business partners in providing comprehensive information on financial management, financial planning, financial reporting and compliance, capital planning and reporting, financial control & SOX control, tax advisory, insurance finance, and global markets finance.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant Insurance Finance Manager.
- Perform month end closing such as prepare / review journal vouchers, account reconciliation & substantiation and management accounts
- Assist payment requisition from business and operation
- Prepare financial information and other internal and external reports for various stakeholders
- Assist in coordinating internal and external audit, SOX, and internal control
- Support the implementation of the Hong Kong Financial Reporting Standards or other regulations related
- Participate in system enhancement / development and workflow reengineering projects, new product user requirements and other ad hoc projects
- Maintain proper accounting records and procedure manuals
- Support other ad hoc tasks when required
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline with a recognized professional accounting qualification an advantage
- Minimum of four years’ experience in accounting / auditing, with knowledge of insurance and financial products an advantage
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of application software such as MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
(Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position of Insurance Finance Officer.)