Quality HealthCare Medical Services Limited (QHMS), Hong Kong, became part of Bupa, an international healthcare group, in October 2013. QHMS' operations span diagnostics, primary healthcare and day care specialties. With roots tracing back to 1868, QHMS serves the community through a network of around 100 multi-specialty centres and over 500 affiliated clinics offering Western Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Diagnostics & Imaging, Dental, Physiotherapy services, etc. It also operates a private nursing agency. QHMS is the largest provider of healthcare services to corporates in Hong Kong. In 2014, the Group recorded more than 2.9 million healthcare visits. QHMS continues to extend its existing portfolio into high end specialty services.
Assistant Legal Counsel
|Work exp||6 Years To 12 Years|
|Professional Qualification||Qualified Lawyer in Hong Kong|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Discretionary bonus, Insurance plan, MPF, Medical plan, Shuttle bus|
|Industry||Medical services / Pharmaceutical|
Legal / Professional Services > Legal & Compliance
Reporting to the Head of Legal Division, you will be responsible for a variety of works and the key responsibilities are:
- Accountable for all advice, legal affairs and legal risk management within the Company’s legal risk management framework
- Advise on applicable legislation in HK including competition law, health care, consumer protection, data privacy and other legislation, including changes in law or regulation.
- Provides contractual support namely in medical service, IT, leasing, procurement and strategic supply arrangements and related business activities
- Manages all contentious legal issues e.g. complex complaints, significant incidents, litigation, brand/intellectual property
- Protects the Company brand and intellectual property
- Ensures high standards of corporate governance in region to meet executive and statutory obligations, including reporting obligations to Corporate Centre
- Accountable for instructing and managing external legal counsel in region
- Qualified lawyer with 2 to 3 years’ post-qualification experience
- Minimum 6 years of working experience both in-house commercial environment and / or litigation and / or corporate in private legal practice
- Experience of making risk-based decisions in a complex operating environment with multiple competing demands
- Flexible approach to work including location, hours and practices
- Tenacious with high attention to detail, strong planning and organizational skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese
Candidates with more experience can be considered as a Legal Manager.
We offer competitive pay and fringe benefits. Interested parties please send your full resume with current salary, expected salary and reference code to Human Resources Department, Quality HealthCare Medical Services Limited, 3/F, Skyline Tower, 39 Wang Kwong Road, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon or via e-mail to email@example.com.
(All applications will be treated in strict confidence and data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only)