The Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) is an independent statutory body that regulates the activities of securities dealers, issuers and market operators such as the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd. As well as promoting the fairness, efficiency and competitiveness of the securities industry, we provide protection and education to public investors, minimize crime and reduce industry risks. We have been consistently rated the best securities regulator in Asia, and we now have opportunities for high-calibre individuals to join us.
Assistant Manager - Corporate Finance (Policy Team) (Ref.: SCMP/AM/CF/P/161118)
Employer Ref.: SCMP/AM/CF/P/161118
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join our professional team in the Corporate Finance Division of the SFC and contribute to the development of the Hong Kong securities market. You will be involved in a broad range of listing policy and regulatory work, including:
- developing rules and policies for the development of the Hong Kong listing market and the regulation of listed companies and market participants;
- evaluating transactions and applications involving listed companies that are novel, controversial or sensitive or that have policy or regulatory implications; and
- supervising the Stock Exchange’s performance of its listing regulatory functions.
You will work closely with other Divisions within the SFC as well as the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. There will be opportunities to engage with overseas securities regulators and international organisations such as IOSCO and the OECD.
You will be responsible for providing research and analysis for the Corporate Finance Division to identify and analyse broader market trends and issues and assist with other listing policy and regulatory work.
- University degree preferably in finance, business or accounting or relevant professional qualifications such as CFA
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience, ideally in equity and/or debt research, corporate finance/investment banking, financial analysis, regulatory research or management consulting
- Good writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with the Listing Rules of the Stock Exchange would be an advantage
- Inquisitive with a strong sense of responsibility and impeccable integrity
Please quote the reference and apply by 2 December 2016 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
35/F, Cheung Kong Center
2 Queen’s Road Central, HK
(E-mail address : email@example.com)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.