KPMG is part of a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. KPMG International operates in 155 countries and has more than 174,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
Assistant Manager, Corporates Audit
KPMG China has 17 offices, including KPMG Advisory (China) Limited, in Beijing, Beijing Zhongguancun, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Xiamen, Hong Kong and Macau, with around 10,000 professionals. Our business in China has established industry groups, enabling targeted, industry-specific experience and solutions to be delivered where needed. For our clients, this focus on industry and country specific knowledge means we can deliver exceptional people with an intimate knowledge of your specific business issues, as well as an overriding commitment to strive for the highest quality services.
- Audit financial statements and group reporting packages in a variety of GAAP’s such as HKFRS, IFRS, US GAAP and other local standards
- Work on other assurance engagements such as review engagements, SOX engagements, agreed-upon-procedure engagements and engagements relating to the reporting accountant for initial public offerings
- Supervise your engagement field team, including the completion of performance reviews and providing on-site training
- Act as the audit in-charge for larger clients to perform the briefing and lead the team to deliver the audit
- Maintain regular communication with the line manager, partner and client on issues and the progress of the engagement
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least two years audit experience with a major firm. Candidates with less experience will be considered for the role of Accountant
- Experience across all industry sectors is welcomed. Experience in China is preferred.
- Strong technical skills and able to research accounting issues in a wide variety of GAAPs
- Strong business awareness and an ability to identify audit issues arising from commercial transactions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Motivated team player with the ability to multi-task
- Socially confident with good diplomacy and organisational skills
- A willingness to travel on business demand
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2016 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.