Founded in 1901 as China Light and Power Company Limited in Hong Kong, CLP Group has grown from a Hong Kong-based power utility into a leading investor and operator in the Asia Pacific Region’s electricity market. Its portfolio comprises over 60 generation assets of gas, coal, nuclear and renewable energy, distribution and transmission assets and retail operations. The CLP Group is owned by CLP Holdings, a company listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
Assistant Manager-Generation Finance [Ref.: CLPP-GBG-F&BS -AMGF]
We are looking for high caliber finance professional to join the finance team of our Generation Business Group of CLP Power Hong Kong Limited. The successful candidate will be required to work in the Power Stations located at Tuen Mun area.
Key Job Functions:-
- Plan and coordinate the preparation of the annual budgets, ensure they are financially justified, timely prepared and updated for management approval
- Perform periodical monitoring and reporting on budget variances against the financial targets
- Drive for cost management initiatives to improve business performance
- Provide professional advice and support to management and internal customers in relation to financial or control related matters
- Plan and monitor the budgets of the strategic projects and ensure effective controls on associated contract and loan administration
- Implement an effective business control framework, reinforce control awareness and ensure adherence to the Company’s policies, practices and guidelines
- Identify and recommend changes to procedures and systems to improve effectiveness and quality of information; and
- Actively participate in various cross-departmental continuous improvement projects and identify cost optimization opportunities
- A recognized university degree in Accounting or Finance, and professional qualification issued by a recognized accountancy association
- At least 7 years’ relevant working experience (Candidate with less experience may be considered for the post of Senior Accounting officer)
- Proven interpersonal skills and capability to communicate effectively at all levels in both spoken and written English and Chinese; proficiency in Putonghua is a plus
- Strong analytical mind and problem solving abilities with good business acumen
- Creative, independent, self-motivated with strong sense of responsibility
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and
- Familiar with SAP would be an advantage
Please apply by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving a detailed C.V., including career history, major achievements, personal attributes, and current & expected salary on or before 15 November 2016.
Important: To facilitate our easy tracking please use a unique file name for all attachments and your email subject in this format: CLPP_GBG_F&BS_AMGF_Last Name_First Name_Other Names (if applicable)
Applicants not invited for interview within 6 weeks from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful.
Information provided will be for recruitment purpose within the CLP Group and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations of HKSAR in handling applications. For details of the Personal Information Collection Statement, please visit our website: https://clp.to/engPICS
For further information on our company, please visit our website: https://www.clpgroup.com/