The Swire group is a multi-national, multi-disciplined commercial group, with its principal areas of operations in the Asia Pacific region, and centred on the Greater China area. We pride ourselves on being original and forward-looking, setting standards for operational excellence wherever we do business – qualities that have guided our operations for 200 years.
John Swire & Sons (H.K.) Ltd. is the holding company of the publicly-listed conglomerate, Swire Pacific Ltd. As the group continues to grow and expand, the Group Public Affairs Department is looking for a seasoned public affairs professional to help in the strategic communications of our corporate values and to build rapport with key stakeholders. He / she will manage a wide range of public affairs functions.
Assistant Manager, Group Public Affairs
- To keep a watching brief on current affairs, including socio-economic and political issues in Hong Kong
- To devise plans that cultivate strategic relationships with the media, opinion leaders, government officials and other key stakeholders, and manage the execution of such plans
- To develop and pitch stories to the Hong Kong and international media in in order to enhance the profile of Swire
- To assist in the coordination of media relations, including preparing press releases, handling press enquiries, coordinating press conferences and media interviews
- To execute PR strategies for Group companies for new business developments
- To assist Group companies in issues and crisis management when necessary
- To provide ad hoc assistance to companies on public affairs and communications initiatives
- Bachelor degree, with at least 8 years of relevant experience in a sizeable organisation
- Preferably with experience in the media, or in public affairs roles
- Good connection with the media
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English and Chinese. Fluent Putonghua is required
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills