Blue Cross (Asia-Pacific) Insurance Limited (“Blue Cross”) is a member of The Bank of East Asia Group. With over 40 years of operational experience in the insurance industry, Blue Cross provides a comprehensive range of products and services, including medical, travel, and general insurance, which cater to the needs of both individual and corporate customers.
In order to cope with the rapid growth of the Company, we are now inviting self-motivated and competent individuals to apply for the following position:
Assistant Manager, Legal & Compliance
|Work exp||Minimum 4 Years|
|Benefits||13-month pay, 5-day week, Dental plan, Discretionary bonus, General holidays, Insurance plan, Medical plan|
Insurance > Others
Legal / Professional Services > Legal & Compliance
- Provide advice and guidance on legal & compliance issues in relation to contractual agreements, terms and conditions of new products, forms and marketing materials such as product brochures, other publications and correspondences;
- Review amendments to relevant statutes and legal requirements as well as assess the impact on the Company’s business operations or procedures;
- Formulate internal policies and guidelines for the Company in accordance with statutory requirements or Group standards;
- Liaise with relevant departments to resolve regulatory compliance issues and provide recommendations to ensure compliance in all aspects of operation;
- Coordinate and liaise with external lawyers on legal issues;
- Review audit issues raised by internal, external auditors & regulators and follow up on agreed actions items, controls and compliance issues as required;
- Review complaint cases to ensure customers’ concerns are properly addressed to and any control weaknesses or deficiencies are properly identified;
- Ensure timely submission of regular and other ad-hoc reports to relevant Group departments as required;
- Organize on-going compliance training and briefings to staff members where necessary;
- Handle internal & external enquires where necessary.
- University graduate with related professional qualifications;
- Sound knowledge of the Companies Ordinance, Insurance Companies Ordinance, Guidance Notes & Code of Practice issued by OCI & HKFI, Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing (Financial Institutions) Ordinance and other relevant regulatory requirements;
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience with background in audit and/or compliance within financial institutions preferably banks and/or insurance industry;
- Experience in dealing with regulatory bodies is an advantage;
- Initiative, reliability, willingness to take on additional responsibilities and work under pressure;
- Team player and able to work in fast paced environment independently with minimal supervision; excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint and Chinese word processing.
Candidate with more experience will be considered as “Manager”.