VOCATIONAL TRAINING COUNCIL
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
VTC is a vocational and professional education and training provider established in Hong Kong in 1982. With some 250,000 students across our 13 member institutions, this not only makes us VIBRANT but VITAL to the Hong Kong educational landscape. We provide a spectrum of opportunities through multiple pathways for graduates to determine their own destination, whether it is employment or further studies. If you believe that the provision of a valued choice for learners to acquire the values, skills and knowledge for lifelong learning and enhanced employability is a worthy mission, then consider joining us.
External Relations Office
Assistant Manager / Officer (Media Affairs)
|Work exp||2 Years To 15 Years or above|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Media / Advertising > Editorial / Journalism
Marketing / Public Relations > Marketing - Corporate Communications
Marketing / Public Relations > Public Relation - Crisis Management
(a) To assist in implementing media strategies to enhance the corporate image of VTC and build constructive relationships with the media;
(b) To arrange press conferences, press briefings and interviews;
(c) To write press releases and feature articles;
(d) To handle enquiries from the media on VTC’s programmes and services;
(e) To handle crisis in various media platforms;
(f) To monitor press and public coverage on the VTC; and
(g) To support the editorial production of VTC’s publications.
(a) A recognized degree, or equivalent;
(b) At least 2 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in the fields of media affairs and journalism;
(c) High proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese, and preferably including Putonghua;
(d) Outgoing personality with good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; and
(e) Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
(1) The post is in the rank of “Officer”. Suitable candidate(s) with more experience may be considered for appointment as Assistant Manager.
(2) Shortlisted applicants will be required to sit for a written test.
(3) The appointees may be required to perform duties outside normal office hours.
(4) Applicants are required to highlight their language proficiency (e.g. HKCEE, HKAL, IELTS, CRE, etc.) in their curriculum vitae.
(5) Applicants who have responded to the advertisement in the last three months need not re-apply.