Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) is a leading global operator of exchanges and clearing houses based in Hong Kong, Asia’s premier international financial centre, and one of the world’s largest exchange groups by market capitalisation. HKEX operates the securities and derivatives markets and their related clearing houses and is the frontline regulator of listed companies in Hong Kong. It also owns the London Metal Exchange (LME) in the UK, the world's premier base metals market.
Assistant Vice President - Integrated Audit
HKEX's Group Internal Audit Department is a dynamic independent function that provides objective assurance and advisory services to Management and the Audit Committees in Hong Kong and London regarding the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and corporate governance. The successful candidate is expected to currently hold a manager / senior manager assurance role.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Company’s relevant business areas, its products, control functions and serve as an internal control and business advisor
- Conduct a broad range of operational (and some IT) audits and supervise junior team members to ensure audit fieldwork is focused and carried out in accordance with GAAS & IIA’s standards
- Identify key risks, evaluate controls, and develop recommendations on improving the control environment and process efficiencies
- Prepare high quality internal audit reports for senior executives
- Participate in departmental initiatives aimed at continuously improving the quality of Internal Audit’s processes and methodology
- Be an effective coach and mentor to junior team members
- Be willing to participate in job rotation arrangements / provide support to other areas of the business as required
- A highly motivated and results oriented professional looking to make a significant contribution to the continued success of one of Hong Kong’s most respected organisations, and in return, be given a unique opportunity to advance their career and professional development
- Solid understanding of financial industry and related functions, including process and IT controls over trading, clearing and risk management activities. Understanding of financial products including equities, derivatives, commodities and fixed income & currencies an advantage
- Knowledge of listing, exchange, clearing and settlement rules and regulations is a plus
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management and presentation skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese. Proficiency in Mandarin is an advantage
- Able to multi-task and timely complete assignments
- At least 7 to 9 years of experience in an accounting firm or internal audit role within the financial services industry or a related control function
- University graduate in a finance, accounting, engineering, maths or relevant subject plus relevant qualification such as a CPA, CA, CIA, CISA, CFA, or FRM
To apply, please click "Apply Now" to submit your application. Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.