DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
Step up to the future of banking at dbs.com/careers
Assistant Vice President / Vice President, Central Compliance, Legal,Compliance & Secretariat - 1600023O
* Being a member in the Central Compliance function with a team of professional, to primarily act as the initial contact point with various regulators for routine incoming correspondences and inquiries
* Work closely with designated business compliance teams and provide consultative and other support services to all business and support units on bank wide compliance requirements
* Establish, update and implement bank-wide compliance policies and procedures to ensure the Bank is in compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and rules; communicate with and advise all business and support units on compliance and regulatory information initially received
* Assist the Head of Central Compliance and Head of Compliance in drawing up annual compliance assessment & plan, bank-wide KORs, preparing regular compliance reports for management information purpose and active participation in monthly compliance forum
* Play an active role in overseeing and assisting in regulatory exams
* Represent Compliance to attend various internal committee meetings; may also have the opportunity to represent the Bank to attend external meetings such as HK Association of Banks
* Participate in compliance training on compliance and regulatory matters
* Act as the main conduit/interface and foster good relations between the Group, business and support units.
* Degree holder in Laws, Finance, Accountancy or possession of legal or accountancy professional qualifications is preferred
* Minimum 6 years’ of relevant experience in compliance/ legal/ audit department of a bank or authorized/ licensed financial institution/ relevant financial supervisory body or professional legal or audit/ accountancy firm with banking or financial services compliance/ regulatory advisory experience
* In-depth knowledge of banking, securities and other financial services related laws or regulations
* Good knowledge of different products and services offered by a bank or financial institution is preferred
* Business focus, innovative and with the ability to balance risk and control
* Logical thinking, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* A key team player with effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skill
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.