Associate Accountant (Treasury Section) (Ref. 16111808-IE)
• have a recognised degree in Accounting or related disciplines;
• have at least two years of experience in accounting, auditing or other related fields;
• have preferably passed a professional accounting examination or equivalent;
• have proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, with knowledge of Oracle Financials being an advantage;
• be able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English and Chinese; and
• have good communication and interpersonal skills.
**Applicants with less experience will be considered for the post of Assistant Accountant.
**Shortlisted candidates may be invited to sit for a written test.
The appointee will be responsible for the following duties:
• accounting operations for the administration of the University Working Capital Fund, including handling of cash flow projections, receipts, payments and bank reconciliations, as well as investment income distribution;
• daily cash flow monitoring and operational support in placing fixed deposits or purchasing fixed income instruments with banks / brokers;
• support to the University treasury functions, including preparation of regulatory returns and liaison with service providers (e.g. investment managers and custodians);
• financial management and treasury accounting duties, and development of various committee meeting papers;
• general office administration; and
• any other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or her delegates.
Edmond So - 26275200