Founded in 2001 in Canada, Canadian Solar (NASDAQ: CSIQ) operates as a global energy provider with successful business subsidiaries in 18 countries on 6 continents. Besides serving as a top-tier manufacturer of solar PV modules and provider of solar energy solutions, Canadian Solar has a geographically diversified pipeline of utility-scale power projects. Due to an internal transfer, the Project & Structured Finance (“PSF”) team in Hong Kong needs to recruit an Associate Director to support continuous investments and financing in solar projects worldwide.
- Collaborate with senior finance colleagues and internal development team to advance CSI’s competitive position in selected global markets by exploring and maintaining new avenues to finance development, construction and ownership for each target market.
- Provide support in managing a team of project finance professionals based in Hong Kong that will be responsible for structuring, negotiating and closing limited recourse construction and permanent debt financings for solar energy projects developed by Canadian Solar.
- Advance the interest of the Global Energy group in coordinating with the banks, financial institutions, and external advisors in arranging construction loans, project finance term debt, and project equity or project sales.
- Work closely with PSF and project development teams in supporting project evaluation and investment modeling analysis by working with internal teams and/or external advisors to provide accurate information concerning financial viability of new investments through cash flow projections, scenario analysis, risk assessment and return analysis, including local tax, legal and regulatory matters impacting Canadian Solar investments. Responsible for project financial analysis as part of presentation to Investment Committee.
- Provide guidance to financial analysts on specifics of project agreements to ensure that financial models accurately reflect known transaction terms. Maintain senior oversight on development of financial models and guide financial analysts on required model adjustments and refinements as deal evolves.
- Support CSI’s Energy Group objectives by collaborating with development, legal, technical and corporate finance groups with frequent communications among working groups located in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Australasia and China.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 - 7 years of relevant work experience in project financing, preferably in the international field with substantial experience in renewable energy. Other relevant experiences include corporate or investment banking, private equity, power utility, or renewable energy development.
- Proven track record of successful project finance closings, including experience with multi-laterals, DFIs, export credit agencies, and international commercial lenders, from development stage through to final completion. Established network of industry contacts is a strong advantage.
- Adept at handling multiple tasks, logical reasoning and strong quantitative / analytical skills. Proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced, unstructured, result oriented environment.
- Strong interdisciplinary skills covering financing, tax, accounting, financial modeling, and contract analysis with ability to contribute to or guide project due diligence.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to convey ideas and positions clearly.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to establish positive collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and work within a multi-disciplined team setting, while retaining accountability for results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting required; advanced degree a plus.
- Fluency in English is a must; other languages are an advantage.
- Willingness to travel regionally on frequent basis and internationally on a short-term basis.