KPMG is part of a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. KPMG International operates in 155 countries and has more than 174,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
Associate Director, Integration & Separation Advisory
We are currently seeking an Associate Director to join our Strategy Integration & Separation Advisory team based in Hong Kong. As part of KPMG Global Strategy Group, the Integration & Separation Advisory practice provides clients with merger, acquisition and divestiture support, focusing on pre-mid and post-deal integration and separation planning and implementation. This includes cost and synergy assessments, due diligence reviews, and pre-signing and pre-completion support. Our professionals work with our clients throughout the transaction lifecycle to help ensure that deal objectives and value targets are met with minimal disruption to their business.
- Work with and, when required, lead, a project team, occasionally alongside other countries across APAC and globally, to lead and / or participate in engagements to assist clients to execute project tasks within the Project Management Office and across multiple functions, including Finance, Supply Chain, and HR
- Apply Integration or Separation methodology to the practical aspects of business operations and the client’s market sector throughout the engagement process to support sound and practical recommendations to clients
- Act as the key contact for client stakeholders throughout the project whilst overseeing the day-to-day management of the Project Management Office
- Understand the sources of value for synergy, and critically assess client’s assumptions to support the pre-signing process
- Plan, develop and execute the integration work plans, identify improvement areas, identify / escalate / resolve integration issues
- Proactively identify likely issues that could impact project success and leverage wider KPMG service line support as required, differentiating and enhancing our service offering to clients
- Lead the effort to create quality end deliverables, such as tracking tools, client project templates and reports, providing the client with high quality recommendations and project plans
- Drive business development initiatives with the creation and development of proposals and attend prospective client meetings
- Minimum of 5 years M&A experience advisory / consultancy or a industry based operational role, with specific industry focus (FS is preferred, but not essential). M&A and Project Management Office experience is preferred
- Recognised degree from leading international university, with further study (post-graduate study or professional qualification) preferred
- Strong understanding of the M&A process
- Experience of key integration / separation activities such as Project Management Office support, synergy evaluation, communications planning, operating model development, finance and HR integration planning and execution, and supply chain planning
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and project and time management skills
- Self-motivated and well-organised with a positive attitude towards challenges
- Enthusiasm to participate or lead in a team based across multiple geographies to meet challenging client deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ideally in both English and Chinese (Putonghua), with the latter preferred but not essential
- Strong knowledge and experience using the basic Microsoft Office applications (including Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Willingness to travel
For more information, please visit https://home.kpmg.com/cn/zh/home/services/advisory/strategy.html
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2016 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.