The Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants is the only statutory licensing body of CPAs in Hong Kong recognized globally as the pre-eminent body of top-tier accountants that leads and serves businesses and the public interest of Hong Kong. At the Institute, we say a CPA is a "success ingredient" in a career, in the business world, and in society as a whole. In building a strong accounting profession, the Institute helps to establish and continuously enhance Hong Kong's reputation as a world-class financial centre.
To meet our business development needs, we are inviting high calibre professionals to join us for the following position:
Associate Director, Member Support
|Work exp||Minimum 8 Years|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, English|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Accounting / Audit / Taxation|
Administration > Administration / Operation Manager
Operations > Operations
The Member Support Department is responsible for, amongst others, serving the needs and interests of members working in industry and commerce and small-and-medium-sized practitioners, including young members, addressing their concerns and supporting them in the development of their professional careers. The department also develops action plans on specific issues affecting members, or the accounting profession in general.
Role and Responsibilities
In relation to the areas referred to above –
- Provide technical and secretarial support to committees and working groups supported by the department and work with them to prioritize and implement various projects
- Oversee and co-ordinate the organization of activities and events initiated by committees and interest groups and other events supported by the department, provide input to the content of such activities and events, as appropriate
- Liaise internally with other departments within the Institute on cross-departmental matters and externally with other professional bodies and stakeholders
- Provide support in commenting and drafting responses to consultation documents and follow through the production of Institute publications in relevant subject areas
- Respond to technical enquiries on various subjects handled by the department
Qualifications and Required Attributes
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of eight years' post-qualification experience. It will be an advantage for the candidate to have experience and a sound knowledge in one or more of the relevant fields referred to above
- Able to work independently, adaptable, and has good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrategreat initiative with good communication skills.
- A very high standard or excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua)
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese word processing
Successful candidate will report to Director, Member Support.