Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 69,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world’s best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager, and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit aon.com for more information on Aon and aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon’s global and principal partnership with Manchester United.
Associate Director of Global Accounts
- Work in conjunction with local account teams to optimize client’s global total cost of risk by providing strategic direction, program design and marketing support for outgoing global accounts within territory. Help internal/external clients identify and manage levels of regulatory and tax compliance risk. Leverage global expertise and relationships to deliver solutions.
- Partner with local sales leadership, producers, Account Executives and Director of Strategic Account Managements (SAMs) on development of outgoing and incoming accounts.
- Promote local sales process and opportunities for subsidiaries of global clients and prospects including managing Aon Global Client Network (AGCN) pipeline, ensuring inclusion in local sales campaigns.
- Work as senior executive within AGCN Hong Kong and in collaboration with AGCN Asia management, partner and support local account teams (Corporate account/SAM accounts inclusive) to ensure consistent best practice standard be maintained and the actual delivery of distinctive client value to Incoming global accounts throughout region.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with AGCN/Cross border account service delivery guidelines as defined in AGCN Management Guide and required by AGCN Business Principles.
- Partner with Hong Kong account teams / SAMs, etc to establish Global Service Agreements on outgoing clients detailing the agreed scope of service and establishing adequate and profitable network remuneration.
- Regularly provide updates with respect to changes in local market (i.e. legislation, trends, etc.) including partnering with communications director to develop risk alerts and other materials as appropriate. Identify and escalate areas for process improvement.
- Multiple years’ experience providing counsel to multinational clients including coordination of service for inward and/or outward business, negotiating global/multinational insurance programs, and/or leading collaboration across offices and/or geographies to support multinational risk management/finance practices on behalf of clients, brokers, and/or insurers.
- Strong English capabilities
- Thorough knowledge of global and local markets, including insurers, tax, regulatory, unique coverage / issues.
- Proven record of adherence to and delivery of guidelines for global sales, service and coordination.
- Develop unmatched talent and high-performing teams.
- Collaborative and consultative perspective.