KPMG is part of a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. KPMG International operates in 155 countries and has more than 174,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
Associate Director - Operations and Transformation, Insurance, Management Consulting
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong is the fastest growing division within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
Our Customer Operations and Technology Insurance team provides client side advice on a broad range of business issues in order to create significant value for our clients, operating through trusted relationships and high quality delivery.
We provide a broad range of services to our clients which include
- Supporting the CIO / COO / CTO / CMO Agenda, Strategies and Performance
- Change as a result of organisational mergers, acquisitions or disposals
- Operational enhancement through application of LEAN methodologies and tools
- IT enabled Transformation Programmes and Projects
- Digital and customer centric strategy
- Data and analytics implementation
- Systems selection and implementation advice
We are looking for Associate Director candidate with specific experience and skills in some of the following categories
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Life, General or Accident & Health processes, systems and technologies, with a demonstrable track record of work in the industry
- In-depth experience gained in institution with exposure to delivering significant programmes of IT or Operations Change / transformation
- In-depth understanding of the key industry, market and regulatory drivers shaping the industry and an ability to articulate these by way of client opportunities. Key areas of interest client centricity, distribution models (agency, direct, bancassurance, B2B), digital strategy, claims optimisation, underwriting optimisation, data and analytics.
- In-depth understanding of the insurance value chain together with an appreciation of the threats and opportunities presented by market and regulatory change agendas
- Experience of leading workstreams within multiple, diverse and complex client programmes
- Experience in process optimization, including working familiarity with LEAN methodologies and tools
The responsibilities attributable to this role will include some or all of the following
- Take responsibility for project work streams and leading teams with authority and responsibility for daily activities
- Develop appropriate client relationships to enhance the reputation of KPMG as advisor of choice and identify further client opportunities
- Take a significant role in sharing knowledge and supporting the development of other team members
- Act as a subject matter expert in advising clients to maximise benefits while reducing risks
- Support business development initiatives including bid proposal and contract / commercial management
- Use your expertise, knowledge and experience to support efforts to develop and promote the core Business Effectiveness propositions
- Being passionate about areas of expertise, managing your own development by learning continuously from experience and seeking out development opportunities
The individual will have
- A good track record of delivering high quality project, or assignment outputs with a focus on delivering measurable business improvements preferably from working for a major advisory business, consultancy or financial services organisations
- Planning, designing and shaping project work streams, managing progress, resolving issues and limiting risks
- Meeting milestones within time, cost and quality constraints
- A good knowledge of insurance operations, products and processes
- Solid problem solving skills, ability to analyse complex data, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and reach appropriate conclusions / solutions
- Evidence of managing multiple tasks, priorities, delegating and managing staff
- Ability to work at pace whilst delivering pragmatic and high quality outcomes
- A relevant professional qualification such as PMP, LEAN Six Sigma, CPA, CFA or others
- Good Project Office skills
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2016 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.