The Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) is an independent statutory body that regulates the activities of securities dealers, issuers and market operators such as the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd. As well as promoting the fairness, efficiency and competitiveness of the securities industry, we provide protection and education to public investors, minimize crime and reduce industry risks. We have been consistently rated the best securities regulator in Asia, and we now have opportunities for high-calibre individuals to join us.
Associate Director / Senior Manager - Intermediaries Supervision, Intermediaries (Ref: SCMP/AD/SM/IS/MODEL/INT/160805)
|Work exp||10 Years To 15 Years or above|
|Education||Doctorate or above|
|Employment type||Full Time|
Legal / Professional Services > Legal & Compliance
Banking / Finance > Risk Management
Banking / Finance > Investment & Securities
We are seeking a Basel modelling specialist to join as Senior Manager/Associate Director for our Intermediaries Supervision Department of the Intermediaries Division. If chosen, you will participate in regulatory capital reform initiatives for licensed corporations and intermediaries supervision works, particularly in areas relating to quantitative risk management applied by licensed corporations.
Your responsibilities include:
- Assist the Commission to introduce international regulatory capital standards (including Basel’s internal models approach) into the capital regime for licensed corporations, playing a key role in the formulation of the technical and quantitative standards in relation to pricing models and market/counterparty credit risk models used in regulatory capital calculation.
- Monitor on an ongoing basis the latest developments of Basel capital standards and capital regimes for market intermediaries of other international financial centres and advise on the implications to the capital regime for licensed corporations.
- Lead quantitative reviews of pricing models and market/counterparty credit risk measurement models used by licensed corporations in trading, risk management and/or regulatory capital requirements calculation.
- Provide ad-hoc support on other licensed corporations supervision matters.
This is a challenging and rewarding role - you will have opportunities to interact with trading and risk management professionals in different financial institutions, review different financial models and risk management infrastructures, participate in shaping the regulatory capital regime for licensed corporations including law drafting, and perform day-to-day supervision duties over some of the most sophisticated licensed corporations. Through these works, you can contribute to reinforcement of Hong Kong’s status as an international financial centre and gain valuable insight into the development of global capital and risk management standards from a policy-maker’s perspective.
To be successful in this role:
- You should have minimum ten years of solid experience in the financial industry (e.g. investment banks, prudential regulators, international risk consulting practices etc.), with proven experience of developing or validating (model theory, assumptions etc.) pricing models and market / counterparty credit risk models for financial instruments (including structured products and derivatives) across different asset classes and related sensitivity/scenario analysis, backtesting and stress testing tools.
- You should have a doctorate degree or Ph.D in Quantitative Finance/Science/ Engineering or a related quantitative field, with strong quantitative modelling and statistical analysis skills and experience in using relevant software packages.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest Basel internal models approach for calculating market / counterparty credit risk capital requirements (or equivalent) and excellent knowledge of common and complex financial instruments (including complex structured products and exotic derivatives) across different asset classes are essential.
- Experience of implementing Basel internal models approach (or equivalent) in financial institutions or granting regulatory approval for use of such approach is a plus.
- As the candidate will be dealing with a wide spectrum of licensed corporations and participate in the law drafting process, excellent interpersonal and oral and written English language skills are required. Experience in regulatory policy setting will be an advantage.
- You should be a team player willing to share knowledge and skills with others and have a strong sense of responsibility and impeccable integrity.
Candidate with less experience may be considered for the position of senior manager.
Please quote the reference and apply by 18 November 2016 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
35/F, Cheung Kong Center
2 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : email@example.com)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.