A leading Canadian bank with substantial and growing Asian operations invites applications for the position of Associate, Execution, Corporate Banking.
Associate, Execution, Corporate Banking
Major Job Responsibilities:
The incumbent will generate maximum profits consistent with both short and long term objectives of the Bank through sound development of potential business opportunities in partnership with the Origination RMs and the proper maintenance of a profitable customer account portfolio in line with the Bank’s required standards and policies. He/she works closely with the Origination RMs and Product Specialists as well as with GRM to maintain and monitor existing as well as new corporate relationships.
- Ensure the development of profitable business to corporate / commercial customers of high degree of complexity (particularly syndications, bi-lateral lending, trade finance and foreign exchange/Swaps facilities as well as deposits) and contribute to the profitability of the Bank by:
- acquiring and maintaining good knowledge of customer's business and needs so as to effectively provide the Bank’s services;
- evaluating business opportunities and researching prospective customers with a view of providing profitable and competitive banking proposals for potential customers;
- co-operating with other product line specialists of the Bank to implement an effective cross-selling program on various banking products (e.g. swaps, derivatives, trade finance etc);
- Design, promote effective, competitive and profitable banking proposals for prospective and existing customers by:
- reviewing and evaluating assigned accounts in accordance with the Bank’s established procedures, all banking regulations and statutory requirements;
- developing awareness of competitors' products and services in the market to ensure that the Bank's proposals are competitively priced and is adequately compensated;
- having an in-depth understanding of customer / prospects' needs and / or expectations;
- monitoring accounts to ensure optimum profitability is maintained in each banking relationship.
- Effectively develop and manage a portfolio of corporate / commercial accounts with the objective of obtaining maximum business at an acceptable level of risk by:
- conducting a thorough evaluation of electronic credit applications and preparing or directing the preparation of comprehensive credit presentations for submission to higher authority in accordance with established Bank policies and procedures;
- performing comprehensive assessment on the credit metrics of existing customers and prospects and come up with appropriate credit judgment independently at limited guidance;
- exercising sound financial statement analysis and judgment, including appropriate financial projections (especially in transformational situations) and accurate and precise risk assessment, in providing effective recommendations to higher authority;
- maintaining accounts within the conditions and limits of authorization by monitoring financial results and operational trends, identifying problem situations at an early date and initiating / recommending effective corrective action where required;
- Provide high quality service/support to existing and potential customers and senior management by:
- ensuring prompt response to customer / senior management requests and enquiries;
- organizing work flows to maintain maximum efficiency;
- prompt and accurate preparation of returns and other records or documents as required;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree holder in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Laws or related disciplines;
- Minimum 6 – 7 years’ Corporate Finance experience in Banking & Finance industry;
- Strong in financial modelling and analysis;
- Strong knowledge of banking products, local regulatory, political, economic conditions and credit exposure;
- Analytical, self-motivated, able to work on tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Proficient in MS Office applications (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese.