Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) is a leading global operator of exchanges and clearing houses based in Hong Kong, Asia’s premier international financial centre, and one of the world’s largest exchange groups by market capitalisation. HKEX operates the securities and derivatives markets and their related clearing houses and is the frontline regulator of listed companies in Hong Kong. It also owns the London Metal Exchange (LME) in the UK, the world's premier base metals market.
AVP/Associate, Group Strategy & Project Management
This role will be responsible for supporting the Group Strategy & Project Management team in running the project portfolio management service across the group to facilitate informed decision making with respect to the Portfolio. He or she will be responsible for governance and procedures for Project Portfolio Demand, Project Portfolio Value Management and for Project Portfolio Management Information and Reporting.
He or she will also be responsible for projects aimed at increasing internal operational efficiency across different business units. He or she will be responsible for gathering business requirements, performing system testing and managing tasks within a programme of internal projects.
• To support implementation of group wide governance for the portfolio of major projects and to help set up and maintain project management standards across the group
• To collate and provide to the Board and senior management, clear and consistent project metrics to monitor the portfolio performance and facilitate informed decisions on major portfolio projects
• To provide advice and assistance to project managers and business sponsors on budgeting, resourcing, scheduling and other matters related to best practice project management including value management like business case and benefit realization plans
• To establish and maintain strong relationships with project managers so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
• To gather and understand the needs for process automation/improvement across the company and to translate this into specifications to build out the firm’s intranet platform
• To test development of new functionalities on the firm’s intranet platform and ensure stability of the platform for HK and London users
• To undertake any other responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Group Strategy & Project Management team
• University degree in Business Administration , Finance or related discipline
• 5-7 years’ experience in financial services in the Project Management Office (PMO) or Project Portfolio Management (PPM) function
• Solid Business analysis and project management experience
• Hands-on financial budgeting & reporting experience
• Strong analytical, problem solving & presentation skills
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office, and preferred knowledge of MS SharePoint
• Advanced English communication skills. Ability to communicate in Cantonese is not mandatory but would be preferred
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.