Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marsh’s approximately 30,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies(NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. With annual revenue of US$13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Guy Carpenter, a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer, a leader in talent, health, retirement, and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman, a leader in management consulting. Follow Marsh on Twitter, @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE / MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PRACTICE
|Employment type||Full Time|
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Account Servicing
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Business Development
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Customer service / Sales Support
A Business Development Executive / Manager works to improve an organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. This person builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. It is their job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization. To achieve this, they need to find potential new prospects, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
The primary role of the Business Development Executive/ Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the Marsh. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
Strategic planning is a key part of this job description as it is part of their responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to Marsh. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services Marsh can provide, and of Marsh’s competitors.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization
- Research and build relationships with new clients
- Plan approaches and pitches by working with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Participate in pricing the solution/service
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop Marsh’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
Management and Research
- Submit progress reports through internal system and ensure data is accurately entered and managed within Marsh’s sales management system
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
- Understand Marsh’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance Marsh’s performance
Attractive remuneration and incentives will be offered to the right candidate.