KPMG is part of a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. KPMG International operates in 155 countries and has more than 174,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
Business Development Manager, Banking
This Manager position represents a key role on our Financial Services team. The objective of the role is to manage and help grow a global top tier banking account for KPMG in ASPAC.
- Coordinate cross-functional client service team for this client, and work with the KPMG lead partner and relationship director to develop long-term, sustainable account strategies and relationship plans
- Identify and gather intelligence on client needs and requirements and align these with KPMG solutions
- Work closely with KPMG partners to set up client meetings, and identify, pursue and convert opportunities
- Work with Market Services division to ensure integration of marketing campaigns into the account strategy
- Manage all reporting, targeting and knowledge management activities for the account
- Liaise regularly with global account managers
- Coordinate client events and other marketing activities
- Drive business development initiatives, develop and maintain profitable business relationships and extend KPMG’s presence in the banking sector
Experience & Skills
- University graduate with a minimum of seven years’ business development experience. Candidates with more experience may be considered for a Senior Manager position
- Understanding of the professional services market, ideally gained from working in business development role within Big 4, consulting or banking industry. Knowledge of Insurance, Global Banking, Information Technology sectors will be an advantage
- Proven account management and project management abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Dynamic, self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Demonstrated success in identifying, initiating, and nurturing business opportunities
- Sound understanding of and exposure to the banking industry
- Experience in a client-facing Business Development role preferred
- Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Cantonese or mandarin speaking skills preferred
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2016 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.