HKT (SEHK: 6823) is Hong Kong's premier telecommunications service provider and leading operator in fixed-line, broadband and mobile communication services. It meets the needs of the Hong Kong public and local and international businesses with a wide range of services including local telephony, local data and broadband, international telecommunications, mobile, and other telecommunications businesses such as customer premises equipment sales, outsourcing, consulting, and contact centers.
HKT offers a unique quadruple-play experience in Hong Kong delivering media content on its fixed-line, broadband Internet access and mobile platforms jointly with its parent company, PCCW Limited.
HKT also provides a range of innovative and smart living services beyond connectivity to make the daily lives of customers more convenient, whether they are at home, in the workplace, or on the go.
Business Development Manager, Data Science and Analytics (DSA) (Ref : Z10009)
|Work exp||Minimum 8 Years|
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Business Development
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Account Servicing
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Others
The successful candidate will identify and source suitable potential customers (internal or external to HKT) to engage in a series of business discussion with the Data Science and Analytics (DSA) team. S/he will effectively communicate the business background and requirements of the customers and to commercially justify a relevant solution/service, designed and developed by the HKT DSA team, for the customers. S/he must have the proficiency to understand business and technical issues to effectively communicate and make commercial judgement about the solution/service. S/he will propose and negotiate with the customers to win customer acceptance and establish a new revenue stream for HKT. S/he is required to work closely and proactively, as a team player and an orchestrator, with colleagues across all parties, to facilitate and resolve customer issues to close deals and build long term relationship.
- Identify and establish a potential customer list to reach for business development
- Understand customer business issues and requirements and make sense out of HKT DSA capabilities
- Qualify the customer case with Data Scientists to see if the issues and requirements can possibly solve by the DSA team
- Collaborate with the DSA team to design the solution and write a professional proposal, in accordance to customer’s requirements, with legal and finance support
- Understand customer’s concern, expectations, and decision making criteria with insight to effectively earn customer trust and negotiate
- Possess a strong drive to achieve and close a deal
- Help managing job prioritization and progress of data analytics tasks
- Collaborate with business users to support technical solution for a better result or outcome
- Establish and maintain positive work relationships with key stakeholders in the business to accomplish business goals
- Conduct professional presentations to effectively communicate internally and externally
- University graduate with minimum 5 years’ experience in accounts management and business development (with a revenue target), with particular focus on big data analytics projects. MBA with a technical undergraduate degree will be desirable.
- Experienced in areas like corporate sales, corporate relationship management, customer relationship management and related roles in information technologies and applications (CRM, data mining, IT consulting etc.) as well as digital marketing
- Strong drive to make things happen and happy to take initiatives to explore new business ideas
- Excellent communication and consultative selling skills and ability to manage different stakeholders
- Problem solver and multi-team orchestrator
- Understand analytics as a business, well-organised, attention to details and able to work independently under tough schedules
- Strong business acumen, outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills with a hands-on approach, coupled with excellent communication skills in English and Chinese
- Well versed in Excel and PowerPoint
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position of Assistant Manager
If you wish to have an exciting and rewarding career, please send your resume, quoting the reference number, your present and expected salary to us.
PCCW is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment-related purposes. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer personal data policies (http://www.pccw.com/staticfiles/PCCWCorpsite/Terms%20of%20Use/Privacy%20Policy%20Statement/8.1_PCO_POL_02e_Privacy_Policy_Statement.pdf), a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.