The Hong Kong International Film Festival Society values creativity, dedication and passion in our employees. If you are looking for exciting challenges, join us for the promotion of the art and culture of films through two leading film events in Asia: The Hong Kong International Film Festival and The Hong Kong – Asia Film Financing Forum.
We are looking for aspiring individuals to join our dynamic team to fill the following position:
Business Matching Manager, HAF (4 months)
The Business Matching Manager will be responsible for the set up and launch of the 15th Hong Kong - Asia Film Financing Forum (HAF) Online Appointment Booking System and lining up meetings for filmmakers and guests. The candidate has to report to the Manager of the project and also involve in the HAF hospitality arrangement of filmmakers and guests.
- Promote, market, set up and coordinate meetings among HAF filmmakers and guests;
- Provide professional advice for business matching purposes;
- Research and solicit potential investors, buyers, funders and partners;
- Conduct a usable scheduling database and the distribution of accurate meeting itinerary to guests;
- Handle enquiries on the booking and scheduling of meetings;
- Provide on-site assistance to HAF filmmakers and guests;
- Supervise the logistics of HAF events and confirm the HAF guests’ attendance at all special events such as luncheons, receptions, press conference, seminars, award presentation and exhibitions etc;
- Provide support for the production of the HAF publications;
- Represent the Society in negotiating with external parties on production related matters;
- Co-ordinate with the Society's PR agencies and PR Manager on the arrangement of media interviews for the VIPs and celebrities;
- Co-ordinate with the Society's various working teams and various external parties;
- Set up the Hospitality / HAF offices in assigned hotels;
- Supervise the hospitality arrangements, the preparation and distribution of relevant passes, badges and guest kits;
- Abide by the Society’s human resources policy, recruit, train and supervise staff and volunteers;
- Prepare various reports and analyses to the Management, the Board and the Government; and
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor and/ or Management from time to time.
- University graduate or equivalent;
- At least 8 years’ experience in business matching;
- Good knowledge of the international film industry, in particular Asia, and good acquaintance with film industry professionals;
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in organizing international film related events;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese including Putonghua, knowledge of other languages will be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of design softwares such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; and editing softwares such as Final Cut Pro and Premiere is an advantage;
- Proficient in PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- Required to work overtime and irregular hours including full-day work on weekends and public holidays during certain periods.