A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Business Risk and Control Manager
Commercial Banking - CMB Chief Operating Officer's Office
Hang Seng’s Commercial Banking (CMB) business provides customized one-stop financial solutions to our corporate customers, from prime small and medium-sized businesses to publicly listed companies.
For customers conducting business locally or around the world, we offer a comprehensive range of services including corporate lending, trade and receivables finance, structured loan, cash management, investment, treasury services, insurance and e-Banking services. As a reliable financial partner, we attend to the specific business needs of our customers and provide efficient tailor-made banking solutions through our relationship managers and dedicated specialists.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Business Risk and Control Manager.
- Promote, support and ensure CMB owns its risk and controls as the First Line of defence to Operational Risk
- Support business to identify its key risks and ensure that relevant controls are in place to mitigate these risks
- Conduct risk and control assessments, develop and implement Internal Control Monitoring Plan, perform control tests and ongoing monitoring
- Compile risk management reports to facilitate the oversight by Head of CMB as Operational Risk Controller
- Ensure that control deficiencies / needs-improvement issues are escalated and addressed in a timely manner
- Coordinate on behalf of CMB with other monitoring and review functions such as Internal Audit, CMAT or external reviewers
- University degree in a related discipline or other relevant qualifications
- Minimum five years’ banking experience, with good knowledge of corporate lending, compliance and operational risk management
- Strong numerical aptitude, self-motivation and ability to work under pressure
- Strong attentiveness to detail, compliance and control orientation
- Strong analytical, problem solving and reporting skills and able to critically evaluate information gather from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua an advantage
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
(Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position of Assistant Business Risk and Control Manager.)