About T&T Supermarket Inc.
Established in 1993 with Head Office located in Richmond B.C., Canada, T&T Supermarket Inc. (www.tnt-supermarket.com) is a unique place to work for, bringing dynamic people with diverse backgrounds, experience, and talent together. Our mission is to enrich the lifestyle of our customers by bringing Asian-Canadian families fresh foods that they love, and introducing to mainstream Canadian families the diversity of Asian food culture at stores that offer exceptional convenience, service, and value.
|Work exp||Minimum 2 Years|
|Education||Diploma / Certificate|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English|
|Benefits||5-day week, Dental plan, Discretionary bonus, General holidays, Insurance plan|
|Industry||Retail - Stores|
Merchandising / Purchasing > Others
Reporting to the Category Manager, the Buyer is responsible for supporting the domestic or overseas buying activities for all stores at region level, as well as provides assistance to the manager and the team in the end-to-end purchasing process by following up on orders and deliveries, compiling reports, performing data maintenance and communicating with local vendors and Department Heads from Stores.
Richmond, BC, Canada
- Generate reports and perform analysis on product selection, sales, pricing, market reports, and other related data as required
- Assist Category Manager in product category review and analysis to ensure sales opportunities and profitability
- Share best practices and maintain knowledge of emerging trends through networks with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide assistance in establishing pricing guidelines and maintain sales plus gross profit expectations
- Negotiate and replenish products at competitive market price, while ensuring accurate delivery
- Understand stores’ needs and partner closely with local suppliers in sourcing new and seasonal products on a timely manner
- Create forecast for promotion
- Develop and maintain vendor partnership, programs, sponsorships, and in-store promotions
- Coordinate deliveries with vendor and store receivers, maintain optimal inventory and product quality
- Provide assistance to stores in merchandising issue
- Provide assistance to operations specialists as required
- Provide assistance to Merchandising Dept. in the Eastern Region as required
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the manager
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in supermarket chain stores
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm in delivering all the job responsibilities within the given timeline
- Strong technical knowledge of product categories, specification, pricing, including produce grading & standards, CFIA regulations and mandatory standards required
- Proven negotiation skills with sound business judgment, decision-making and problem solving skills, possess a good knowledge in Canadian trade practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to understand Chinese (Cantonese &/or Mandarin) will be an asset.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft office programs)
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organization skills