OneTalk Group produces innovative cross-platform entertainment: television and online serial dramas and music with positive messages. Our pioneering multi-media formats transform how traditional media such as TV and music engage audiences. By creating immersive and interactive experiences, our approach has great appeal for both audience members and sponsors alike. Current projects under development include TV serial dramas and music production in India, the Philippines, and China all of which integrate social media and mobile elements.
We are expanding rapidly and are now looking for a mature and dynamic leader to guide OneTalk's rapid rise. Based in Hong Kong, the new CEO will work closely with the Board, advisers, and senior staff as well as local teams in broadcasting countries. Our company ethos is based on respect, mutual support, and accountability at all levels, and the CEO will play a critical role in inspiring these qualities in a culturally diverse team of collaborators from both creative and commercial backgrounds.
CEO for a Start-up Media Group
|Work exp||Minimum 10 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Entertainment / Recreation / Performance|
Management > Top Executives (CEO, CFO, CTO, Director, MD)
Marketing / Public Relations > Marketing - Brand / Product Management
Media / Advertising > Media Strategy / Plan / Buy
- Lead and oversee the implementation and development of OneTalk’s ethos, vision, long and short term plans
- Oversee OneTalk’s day-to-day operations including but not limited to television and multi-media production, content research, multi-media integration, commercial sponsorship, and promotion and impact- monitoring activities
- Ensure project quality, organizational stability and a smoothly functioning, efficient organisation through development and implementation of standards, controls, systems and procedures
- Assess, monitor and manage OneTalk’s principal risks including ensuring compliance with any relevant legal and regulatory requirements in jurisdictions in which we are operating as well as making sure all professional and supplier contracts properly protect OneTalk’s rights and interests while mitigating potential liabilities and risks
- Represent OneTalk and ensure the company and our projects are consistently presented in ways that reflect our branding and positive objectives while identifying and cultivating networks with broadcasters, sponsors, industry professionals, etc. with a view to fostering long-term partnerships
- Oversee the financial management of the group including financial plans, budgets, internal controls, reports and audit compliance to ensure proper checks and balances and adherence to budgets and targets
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience and proven success in setting up and growing a media startup in Asia.
- At least 10 years’ senior-level managerial experience, with 5 years or more in the entertainment industry, preferably with a track record of working in the Philippines, India and China.
- Exceptionally good communication, networking and people skills with the ability to build top level contacts with broadcasters, production companies and relevant government departments
- Ability to build a committed and accountable team through inspired leadership and mentoring abilities
- An intimate knowledge of all aspects of setting up a new media venture from legal and operational setup, financing, production, marketing to distribution, preferably with an understanding of the Asian TV/media markets and worldwide audience dynamics
- Experience in negotiating, drafting and finalising contracts and other relevant legal documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proven ability to think of out the box and see issues and solutions from a wide and long-term perspective
- Strong financial acumen and superb negotiating skills, and excellent presentation and analytical skills with precise attention to detail
- Action-oriented, highly entrepreneurial, and adaptable, with a mature and flexible approach to problem solving and business planning
- Self-starting, with the ability to focus, handle pressure, and deal patiently, fairly, and with humility while dealing with complexity, ambiguity and multiple demands
- Open minded, creative, and willing to learn and apply new approaches and skills
- Diplomatic and sensitive in dealing with partners and colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Passionate about making the world a better place