We are inviting a passionate, caring and energetic individual to join us as the Chief Executive Officer to lead and manage a team of professional and secretariat staff to service the Hong Kong Breast Cancer Foundation (HKBCF).
HKBCF was set up on 8 March 2005, as a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to mitigating the threat of breast cancer to the local community through education, support as well as research and advocacy.
The mission of HKBCF is to:
- Promote public awareness of breast cancer and the importance of breast health
- Support breast cancer patients on their road to recovery
- Advocate better breast health and cancer care in Hong Kong
To keep pace with the growing needs of our target audience and continue to work at reducing the disparity in access to breast cancer screening and patient support among different socio-economic groups in Hong Kong, HKBCF is building a second center in Kowloon, which is scheduled to open in 2017. The Chief Executive Officer is required to oversee the development of the new Kowloon center, to ensure that the construction works is completed on time, within budget and at approved quality standard.
Chief Executive Officer
- Reports directly to the Chairman andthe Management Committeein the overall planning, development and execution of HKBCF’s strategy to accomplish its mission.
- Formulates and implements fundraising strategies for the sustainable development of HKBCF, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach donors and preparing proposals and applications for funding.
- Acts as the chief liaison and representative of HKBCF with external parties to build and maintain a strong positive image and branding for HKBCF.
- Is accountable for the management and operations of HKBCF including but not limited to the effective implementation of commitments made to donors and sponsors, running of the executive office, manpower planning, human resource management, financial planning and budgeting, management of service operation and corporate support system.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant statutory procedures and governance required of HKBCF as a charitable organization.
- Initiates, executes and leads projects as and when required by the Management Committee.
- A university graduate with at least 10 years of experience in senior management capacity, preferably from an NGO background, either in fund-raising, public relations, corporate communications or related fields.
- An all-round manager who can lead and manage professionals from different fields, including health care, accounting, research, public relations and human resources.
- A passionate, caring and energetic individual who believes and lives the mission of HKBCF
Please send your full resume statingexpected salary and date of availability,with envelope marked “Application for Chief Executive Officer” to: The Chairman, Hong Kong Breast Cancer Foundation Limited, 16/F Jupiter Tower, 9 Jupiter Street, North Point, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.)