Comprising Hong Kong Science Park, InnoCentre and Industrial Estates, Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) is a statutory body dedicated to building a vibrant innovation and technology ecosystem to connect stakeholders, nurture technology talents, facilitate collaboration, and catalyse innovations to deliver social and economic benefits to Hong Kong and the region.
Established in May 2001, HKSTP has been driving the development of Hong Kong into a regional hub for innovation and growth in several focused clusters including Electronics, Information & Communications Technology, Green Technology, Biomedical Technology, Material and Precision Engineering. We enable science and technology companies to nurture ideas, innovate and grow, supported by our R&D facilities, infrastructure, and market-led laboratories and technical centres with professional support services. We also offer value added services and comprehensive incubation programmes for technology start-ups to accelerate their growth.
Technology businesses benefit from our specialised services and infrastructure at Hong Kong Science Park for applied research and product development; enterprises can find creative design support at InnoCentre; while skill-intensive businesses are served by our three industrial estates at Tai Po, Tseung Kwan O and Yuen Long.
Clerk of Works (2-year Contract)
|Benefits||Gratuity, Insurance plan, Medical plan|
Construction / Property > Building & Construction
Construction / Property > Civil / Structural Engineering
Construction / Property > Architect
Responsible to the Architect or his representatives for the supervision of project(s) assigned to him and carry out duties of a Clerk of Works under the direction of the Architect and in accordance with Site Administration Handbook;
- Monitor the standard of workmanship against the contract documents and good building practice in Hong Kong conforming to the relevant BS or Code of Practice as specified by the Architect;
- Identify discrepancies in the contract documents and report to the Architect for clarifications;
- Check samples and related documents against contract requirements and make observations and recommendations to the project team;
- Check whether the correct materials and equipment have been delivered to site by contractors and that only those approved material and equipment are installed;
- Check contractor’s setting out of all elements;
- Monitor the progress of work on site against the approved programme;
- Carry out routine inspections of the building works and check for conformity with the drawings, specification and contract requirements, safety and statutory requirements, and report to the project team all unsatisfactory work;
- Supervise the contract works but not limit to foundation and building works, internal and external works in compliance with the Contracts and Specifications and as directed by his senior management staff;
- Attend all site inspections performed by others;
- Responsible for the upkeep of site records including site record books and submission of all monthly returns;
- Manage the supervisory staff assigned to him, allocate appropriate duties to them, and check the attendance of his staff;
- Liaise and coordinate with the project development team on all site matters;
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the other government departments and utilities companies, contractors, subcontractors and the Client for the work on site;
- Maintain a site record of the daily activities on site and submit monthly returns to relevant parties as required.
- Monitor all environmental, health and safety aspects of the contractors work;
- Report all noncompliance of safety procedures immediately to the contractor’s representative and the project team, and record this in the site record book;
- Submit progress, technical, accident and special reports to the project team as required;
- Attend client and contractors progress meetings as required;
- Witness on-site and off-site tests as required by the contract and record the results in the site record book;
- Carry out inspection of defects and outstanding work at the completion of the contract, and comply a list of defects for the Contractor’s rectification;
- Assist the Architect or his representatives in handing-over the completed project(s) to the Client, and the tenants;
- Advise the Architect concerning the rectification of defects by the contractor during the Defect Liability Period;
- Attend site audits and follow up the corrective actions on non-compliance;
- Carry out such other duties as directed by the Architect or his representatives.
Possession of a Diploma or Higher Certificate in Building Studies, Civil / Structural Engineering from the Hong Kong Polytechnic/ Hong Kong Polytechnic University/ Hong Kong Technical College/ Hong Kong Technical Institute/ Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education, or equivalent;
- Grade E or above in English Language (Syllabus B) and in Chinese Language in the Hong Kong Certificate Education Examination (HKCEE) or Level 2 in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE), or equivalent;
- Minimum 6 years’ relevant post-graduation working experience, with at least 1 years’ working experience in the capacity of Clerk of Works, or equivalent;
- Have the minimum qualification and experience required for Grade “T3” for TCP for site safety supervision as detailed in the Technical Memorandum for supervision Plan;
- Experience in site safety supervision is a must;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese.
We offer market competitive compensation, end of contract gratuity, incremental performance credit and generous benefits including medical and life insurance. To apply, please send your full resume with current and expected salary to the Human Resources & Office Administration Department, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, 8/F, Bio-Informatics Centre, No. 2 Science Park West Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong or, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1 December 2016. Please quote the reference number on the email subject/envelope and the application letter.
Personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for consideration of application. Applicants not invited for interview within four weeks after the job is closed for application may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for a maximum of two years.