SITA Waste Services Limited (www.sita.hk), a wholly owned subsidiary of SUEZ - a global leader in environmental protection projects, is looking for high calibre professionals to fill the following position:
Job application email: email@example.com
Community Relations Officer
|Work exp||Minimum 5 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Medical plan, Performance bonus|
|Industry||Energy / Resources / Waste Mgmt|
Marketing / Public Relations > Public Relation - Events Management
Marketing / Public Relations > Public Relation - General / Support
- to maintain good neighborhood relationship through maintain regular liaison and meetings with key stakeholders in the local communities (close to landfill / waste management facilities), such as the District Council, Rural Committee, Residents, Incorporated Owners etc., for acquiring local understanding and support for implementation of waste facility projects and related waste management policies;
- to assist in developing and setting up special community outreach/publicity projects, liaise with the subcontractor and ensure their deliverables are up-to-standard;
- to take cognizance of the actual situation and needs of the community; to liaise with local community stakeholders regarding concerns, feedback and complaint related to the landfill / waste management facilities operation, and / or betterment initiatives in a sincere, responsive and professional manner;
- to build up a positive image of a safe and responsible landfill and waste management facilities operation through publicity events;
- to prepare and implement the annual community outreach plan and make necessary adjustment to be in line with the policy and needs;
- to serve as a public relations person promoting and publicizing the waste management structure and system, landfill extension project as well as the design concept and operations of the facility managed by the company;
- to arrange and coordinate with site visits from various entities to visit our waste related facilities;
- to monitor and follow up issues, mitigation measures, complaints and feedback in relation to waste facilities, waste management system and site visit;
- to develop and update publicity/education materials and prepare regularly reports on all programs and issues happened on a monthly basis;
- to perform any ad hoc assignment as per requested.
- University graduate major in English, Communications, Translation or Environmental science/engineering preferred;
- At least 5 years’ working experience of which some experience in outreaching services preferred;
- Proficient in written and spoken English, Cantonese and Putonghua;
- Good organization, communications and presentation skills;
- Outgoing and able to work independently;
- Sense of commitment to the environment;
- Good PC skills and proficient in surfing on the internet.
We offer attractive fringe benefits to the right candidates. Please submit your resume, current salary, expected salary and contact details by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data collected will be treated in strictest confidence and handled confidentially by authorized personnel for recruitment related purposes. Applicants not hearing from us within six weeks from the date of advertisement may consider their application unsuccessful.
All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.