The Construction Industry Council (CIC) is carrying out a Review on Training and Development (Review) for its training and trade testing activities. The Review is expected to complete by the end of 2016.
The CIC is looking for a Consultant – Training & Development to implement the Review’s recommendations as well as to formulate long term vocational training strategies for the construction industry.
The applicant must possess
- a recognised degree in the field of education, construction-related background is preferable but not essential;
- a minimum of 12 years post qualification experience with involvement in vocational education / training, preferably in the field of construction / engineering;
- a track record of success in project management and change management;
- excellent ability to develop plans and strategies in vocational education and training, curriculum development, execute projects, solicit and analyse feedback, and accomplish assigned tasks independently and with quality to meet strict deadlines;
- creativity and determination to realise goals and plans;
- outstanding organisation skills, proactive working attitude and willingness to take up responsibilities;
- exemplary interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively to influence all levels of the hierarchy; and
- excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese is a must.
(Applicants who do not possess the required qualifications and / or experience may be considered for other positions within the organisation.)
- to implement recommendations proposed by the Review on Training & Development by phases, including mapping out the implementation plan, liaising with various stakeholders and parties on its execution, monitoring the progress of the implementation and reviewing the progress and results on a regular basis;
- to review, formulate and execute training strategies and policies relevant to the functions of the CIC;
- to study the needs and trend of Vocational Education and Training for the construction industry, and propose strategic and implementation plans for senior management’s consideration;
- to assist in the execution and implementation of Vocational Education and Training plans for CIC;
- to develop curriculum, review and devise teaching methods and resources, explore and manage the scope of e-learning, define qualification levels and perform any other studies with recommendations in enhancing the quality and quantity of CIC’s training services;
- to study the feasibility of developing other centres of excellence for the benefits of the construction industry and the CIC;
- to perform information research, studies, analyses, and provide reporting together with recommendations for senior management’s consideration;
- to prepare business plans, work plans, reports, presentation files, meeting documents, as well as any other documents; and
- to carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the CIC.
The position is on a time-limited fixed-term contract subject to operational needs.
Please send an updated curriculum vitae, the results of English and Chinese Language obtained in public examinations, current and expected salary together with a covering letter stating one’s suitability for the job and quoting the job reference number (16 / CON – TD – 126H) to email@example.com or by mail to the address below on or before 9 December 2016. For further details on CIC please refer to website: http://www.cic.hk.
Manager - Human Resources
Construction Industry Council
38/F, COS Centre
56 Tsun Yip Street
Kwun Tong, Kowloon