Corporate Communication Specialist, PR
|Location||Chek Lap Kok, HK International Airport, Lantau, Tung Chung|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Dental plan, Medical plan, Shuttle bus|
|Industry||Airlines / Mass Transportation|
Marketing / Public Relations > Marketing - Corporate Communications
Marketing / Public Relations > Public Relation - Events Management
Marketing / Public Relations > Public Relation - General / Support
Department: Corporate Communication
Reports to: Assistant Corporate Communication Manager – Public Relations
The Public Relations section generates a bond between Cathay Pacific and the general public through ongoing programmes and events. Major role of the team is to promote and enhance the company's image as a socially responsible corporate citizen and as an international premium airline. This includes product promotions, corporate social responsibility initiatives, as well as major corporate events such as the International Chinese New Year Parade, the Hong Kong Sevens and the Hong Kong International Races.
- Plan, handle and coordinate media interviews, shooting and similar requests from media and related organisations to maximize on CX and KA’s public image.
- Develop and pitch positive soft stories to promote CX, KA and respective projects, such as staff recruitment, staff achievements, profiling etc. to support the organisations’ strategic objectives.
- Brief, coach and support the staff before the interviews to ensure the right and consistent message are conveyed to maximize on PR mileage and coverage.
- Coordinate senior management attendance in major PR events such as for award ceremonies, job expo, sponsored events, and assist in the preparation of collaterals, speeches, backgrounder and company and staff profiles etc.
- Support the organsiation of media education programme on aviation related topics to build positive understanding about CX and aviation industry.
- Organise media networking activities to expand network and maintain good relationship with local and Mainland media based in Hong Kong.
- Provide Chinese language editing support for external communication materials for use in print, online and social media.
- Participate in rotational duties such as news summary and other duty manager assignments.
- Serve as a contributing member of the department’s E&A team.
- A university degree holder, preferably in journalism and communications.
- At least 4-5 years solid experience in media and communication field. Prior working experience in media an asset.
- Strong media contacts and journalistic background, with good understanding of media behavior and interest.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills.
- Proficient Chinese writing and editorial skills with an ability to shape media stories and features along with lighter personality and lifestyle pieces.
- Fluency in English and Chinese, both written and spoken. Fluency in Putonghua is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and mature personality to work with people at all levels. A good team player
- Strong organization skills. Ability to cope with change and work under pressure
- Flexibility to work on weekends and public holidays
Application Deadline: 7 Oct 2016