The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charity working in 128 countries. Seeking to communicate the Gospel to individuals and to provide compassionate care to people at their time of need, The Salvation Army Hong Kong and Macau Command has been serving Hong Kong for over 85 years providing an extensive range of services which spans educational, social as well as Christian.
We are now inviting a high caliber professional to fill the following position:
Corporate Communications Director
|Work exp||Minimum 10 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Civil Services / Public Sector|
Marketing / Public Relations > Marketing - Corporate Communications
Marketing / Public Relations > Public Relation - Events Management
Marketing / Public Relations > Public Relation - Media / Investor Relations
Corporate Communications Department
1. Oversee the corporate communications function of the organization
i. Formulate and implement strategies to build corporate image of the Army and raise public awareness in Hong Kong and Macau;
ii. Design & organize external and internal publicity functions, exhibitions, ceremonies, and community activities; support and coordinate events, activities, seminars and workshops organized by other departments including the Development Department;
iii. Promote The Salvation Army via printed, electronic, new media, and other means so as to cultivate community support;
iv. Supervise and organize press releases;
v. Develop and implement promotion plans in cooperation with other departments;
vi. Explore cost-effective media and means, develop social media strategies;
vii. Manage and update of the agency website;
viii. Edit and publish annual reports and other publications (such as newsletters) of the organization;
2. Cultivate and strengthen media and community relations, foster strong networks with government bodies and NGOs, seek and develop partnership with stakeholders;
3. Crisis management, handle media and public enquiries;
4. Act as Secretary for the Advisory Board.
5. Supervise the Literary Manager to ensure quality, impact and effectiveness of Salvation Army publications as well as alignment with mission and theology of the Army
6. Required to work irregular hours and overtime as and when required.
7. Perform any other legitimate duties assigned by the General Secretary.
1. Degree holder in Journalism / Mass Communications / Marketing or related disciplines;
2. Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience of which 7 years should be in a managerial position;
3. Proven ability to generate revenue from marketing and promotion activities;
4. Excellent people skills and good relations with media; good experience in corporate relationship building;
5. Good sense of Marketing & NGO Promotional strategies in addition to a strong analytical, strategic and customer oriented mindset;
6. Strong leadership, good team-player, mature and pro-active;
7. Excellent organizational & communication skills;
8. Excellent written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua;
9. Able to work under pressure, overtime and occasional work on holidays required.