A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Cost Management Manager (1 year contract)
Financial Control - Business Performance and Management Information Department (FMI)
Hang Seng's Financial Control function works closely with the Bank's stakeholders, including business partners, shareholders, regulators and external examiners. We function as their accountants and business partners in providing comprehensive information on financial management, financial planning, financial reporting and compliance, capital planning and reporting, financial control & SOX control, tax advisory, insurance finance, and global markets finance.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Cost Management Manager.
- Participate in project cost tracking and analysis
- Negotiate with various parties on project cost and saving evolution
- Design and drive the enhancement / maintenance of the cost analysis system to facilitate timely reporting and operation cost analysis
- Design and control the cost centre coding and cost sub-ledger systems to ensure that all costs are properly classified and recorded
- Monitor the proper maintenance of standard cost for transactions, activities and overhead absorption rates
- Participate in the annual review of cost allocation models
- Engage in annual update of central cost allocation policy and related procedure manuals
- Ensure one version of truth in all database and system
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline, with a recognized professional qualification an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in accounting / finance, preferably gained in financial institutions
- Strong self-motivation, with ability to work independently and under pressure
- Attentiveness to details, with strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and project management skills
- Sound knowledge of application software such as MS Access, Excel and Powerpoint
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua an advantage
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
(Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position of Assistant Cost Management Manager.)