Renaissance College opened for students in August 2006 and is providing an all-through education for 2,100 students aged 5 to 18 years. With advanced design and facilities, Renaissance College is testament to ESF’s continuing contribution to the future of quality education in Hong Kong, featuring first-class amenities such as a dedicated sports centre with sports hall and swimming pool, cafeteria, library and performance arts centre; and high-level infrastructure for Information and Communication Technology. We have a fully developed 1:1 Apple laptop programme for over 1100 students and further 500 school owned Apple laptops and desktops. We also have a growing iPad programme.
Database Administrator (1 Dec 2016 to 11 Aug 2017)
• Maintains robust and accurate student, parent and teacher data including user accounts and access rights for school information system (Maze/Gateway), VLE (Moodle) and any other future school system.
• Maintains accurate curriculum structures and grouping records for academic and pastoral needs.
• Coordinates annual timetabling and scheduling based on option blocks, rules and strategies provided.
• Develops ARR templates in collaboration with three phase Vice-Principals (PYP, MYP, DP)
• Oversees the administration of primary and secondary reporting (ARR module) including liaison with parents
• Provides end user support for various integrated modules e.g. Admissions (OAS), ePayment, CPD and HE, especially facilitates the production of transcript and exit reports.
• Administers security /ID cards systems and produce staff, student and visitor access cards.
• Produces ad hoc data retrievals and reports to support academic, pastoral and business decision-making.
• Evaluates and recommend new database technologies.
• Participates actively in data development team in producing services and tools to integrate various systems for effective information management.
• Report to line manager regularly with updates, progress and issues.
• Degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology I Computer Engineering/ Information Engineering or related disciplines.
• Solid experience in programming with MySQL and MSSQL with knowledge of PHP MVC framework and restful API.
• Database/IS administration in educational context
• High initiative, self-starter and self-motivated team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English with customer-orientated working attitude.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 19 Nov 2016
For enquiries, please contact Anney Chan at +852 35563511 or email@example.com.