We are a well established and listed local commercial bank in Hong Kong, a member of Yuexiu Group, which is a state-owned enterprise group with the largest assets and leading performance in overall economic efficiency in Guangzhou, having total assets in around RMB 200 billion. We are committed to actively expanding our business development in both Hong Kong and Mainland. To cope with our rapid growth, we are now inviting high caliber candidates to join us and pursue for success.
Department Head - Institutional Credit
|Work exp||Minimum 15 Years or above|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Discretionary bonus, Medical plan|
Banking / Finance > Credit
Banking / Finance > Legal / Compliance
Banking / Finance > Risk Management
Reporting to Head of Credit Risk Management, Head of Institutional Credit Department is a senior credit role of managing a complex credit portfolio of large corporates, debt securities investment and financial institutions across Hong Kong, Mainland China and other region.
- Lead two teams of senior credit approvers and credit approvers to manage a portfolio of large corporates consisting of blue-chip companies, Chinese corporates and multinational companies, debt securities investment and financial institutions. Act as a Group Credit Hub for the relationships of large corporates and financial institutions across Hong Kong, Mainland China and other regions;
- Manage the counter-party credit risk of the Bank's derivative portfolio;
- Independently approve credit applications within the designated credit authority;
- Present complex credit applications and portfolio to the top management;
- Provide credit advice and solutions to business units at the senior level in relation to facility structuring, risk identification and risk mitigation of complex customers;
- Work with general managers of business units in business strategy formulation, new product launches and client selection and portfolio optimization;
- Formulate credit policies and control process to ensure the portfolio be compiled with the bank's credit standards and regulatory requirements;
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance in relation to large corporates, debt securities investment and financial institutions; and
- Provide credit training to business units and credit approvers.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience, of which not less than 7 years in credit management of large corporate or financial institutions. Prior experience in intensively managing or assessing Chinese corporates (e.g. central and provincial state-owned enterprises, large privately-owned enterprises, etc.) and blue-chip companies (e.g. property developers, regional large-scale manufacturers, etc.) with the annual sales turnover of not less than HKD10 billion is a must;
- Experienced in managing a credit portfolio of financial institutions preferable;
- Have a master degree and strong knowledge in finance, accounting and legal, with the accreditation of formal credit training from major banks or renowned institutions;
- Conversant with debt capital markets including syndication loans and debt issuance;
- Hands-on experience in counter-party credit risk management and derivatives required;
- Familiar with the use of external and internal credit ratings, PD, LGD, EAD and EL in risk management, with the knowledge in applying Basel II F/A-IRB and Basel III in risk management preferable;
- Experienced in the use of Moodys' KMV or Bloomberg's DRSK in credit approval and portfolio management;
- Equipped with Mainland China-related credit knowledge; and
- Proficient in English and Putonghua.