Design Director – Workplace Interiors – Hong Kong
- Global market leading Architectural Design Practice
- Technical Design and Operational Leadership position
- Hong Kong Based Position
Redpath Partners are seeking a Design Director to join the interiors division of one of the world’s leading global architecture and design practices. Our client provides design consultancy services in the hospitality, residential, corporate office, retail, lifestyle and leisure markets and have are known internationally for excellence in design, documentation and timely completion of projects. The interior design division comprises of c200 designers in their offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Macau, Singapore, Dubai and London.
This position will report into the Global Head of Interiors and the successful candidate will be responsible for leading a project team of approximately 10 -15 full-time Interior Designers through all stages of architectural services. This will include interfacing with clients, sub-consultants, and other project stakeholders. As Design Director you’ll take responsibility for project management, fee budget, delivery programme, fulfilling contract requirements & meeting quality standards as well as contributing to the design process with creative ideas, insightful analysis, and constructive review of work by others.
- Registered Architect in the UK, USA, Canada, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand;
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience;
- Must have substantial experience of high end workplace interior projects;
- Experience with all stages of service;
- Must have experience of managing profit and loss of a busy interior design division;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, particularly the ability to rigorously reach clarity on issues, accurately record events, and drive decision making processes to conclusion;
- Energetic, patiently persistent, hands-on, engaged in the details, and adept at thinking on your feet; diplomatic, resilient, able to work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment, with a cool hand to guide the team (including less experienced members) through challenging projects on a short timeline;
- Work experience overseas in the developing world, preferably the Asia
- Good design and documentation skills;
- Solid management level understanding of current technologies – Revit/BIM, AutoCAD/MicroStation, Rhino, Grasshopper, etc.
*Applicants in the Middle East will be considered for a similar post in Dubai
To apply, please contact Jayme Mace in our Hong Kong office at jayme(at)redpathpartners.com OR Ben Hurst in our Dubai office at benh(at)redpathpartners.com
All applications will be dealt with in confidence