Discovery College is a member school of the English Schools Foundation. The College opened in 2008 in new, purpose-built campus in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong in August 2008. The College is now a full Years 1-13 (K-12) school with over 1,350 primary and secondary students offering the International Baccalaureate PYP, MYP and Diploma programmes. Our school community is diverse and represents a group of highly motivated staff and students from over 40 home countries.
The College's Vision Statement of Grow. Discover. Dream., recognises the need for students to be independent, critical and creative thinkers, equipped with the skills, attitudes and values to contribute positively in this complex world we live.
Design Technician - Food & Textiles
|Work exp||Minimum 3 Years|
|Education||Diploma / Certificate|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Dental plan, Education subsidies, General holidays, Gratuity, Housing allowance, Insurance plan, MPF, Maternity leave, Medical plan, Paternity leave, Staff care centre, Staff loan, Statutory holidays|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Education / Training > Teacher - Primary / Secondary
Design > Others
Administration > Clerical / Admin / Operation
The Design Department of Discovery College is a modern and well resourced department that delivers exciting learning opportunities for our students. The Technician's role is to support teaching and learning in the Food and Textiles classrooms.
• Assisting with the preparation and maintaining of learning material, equipment and resources (including preparation of, administration and resources for external examinations)
• Assisting with the preparation and mounting of display work and preparation and administrative work for the Design events
• Support to students relating to techniques and understanding of course material and assigned tasks
• Assisting teachers in the classroom during lessons as required
• Managing budget, ordering and purchasing materials and resources as required
• Maintenance check and repair of machinery
• Organising trips and events outside of the classroom
• 3 years relevant experience
• Non-Degree Tertiary/Diploma
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 25 Nov 2016
For enquiries, please contact Joyce Kwok at +852 3969 1000 or email@example.com.