Langham Hospitality Group (http://www.langhamhospitalitygroup.com) is wholly owned by the Great Eagle Group, one of Hong Kong's leading property companies, which was founded in 1963 and is now listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The group enjoys a legendary hotel heritage dating back to 1865, when The Langham, London originally opened as Europe's first 'Grand Hotel'. Today, Langham Hotels worldwide showcase the same philosophy, reflecting elegance in design, innovation in hospitality, genuine service and captivation of the senses.
The group is pursuing an aggressive growth strategy using its distinctive brands and affiliate - The Langham, Langham Place and Eaton. Currently, its growing portfolio covers four continents, with hotels located in gateway cities around the world, including Auckland, Beijing, Boston, Hong Kong, London, Melbourne, New Delhi, Los Angelea and Shanghai.
As our portfolio rapidly expands, we provide unprecedented opportunities for you to grow your career with us, locally and internationally. We need you for every step of our development and let us work together to deliver hospitality innovation to the world's great cities.
DIRECTOR OF INVESTMENT & RESEARCH
|Work exp||Minimum 8 Years|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Hospitality / Hotel Services|
Banking / Finance > Investment & Securities
Accounting > Financial Analyst
Banking / Finance > Research / Analysis
Reporting to the Vice President, Investment & Research, you will be responsible to perform an in-depth market research, feasibility analysis, impact studies and economic appraisals for hotel development and related projects based on the Group’s investment strategy and plan including the following main responsibilities:
- Assist to manage, motivate and supervise a team of project analysts in performing investment analysis and research of all hotel development projects;
- Being a key team member to closely involve with development team to provide risk assessment on the economic viability of an individual acquisition project or management projects and stress test different scenarios vis-à-vis different investment, structuring, share-holding, tax & financing options, area planning, pricing and market positioning, etc;
- Work independently in preparing investment proposals, financial models, comparable analysis, valuation model, sensitivity analysis and make realistic recommendations which should be optimal to the owner’s short-term profits and long-term sustainable development for executive committee’s review and approval;
- Compile a professional research desk to establish and maintain an up-to-date data based on the Group’s existing and targeted markets including in relation to the economic fundamentals, demand-supply dynamics, visitors profiling and growth potential, important events, other hotels performance, market benchmark, etc;
- Refine macro research methodologies and models while maintaining existing in-house database and ensuring population of these knowledge base and tracing of global hospitality and real estate market;
- Provide micro research in handling due diligence, market research, feasibility studies and financial analysis of each potential hotel project;
- Presentation to Board of Directors and/or senior management independently on any studies and proposal by providing own inputs and recommendation
You will be qualified if you have Bachelor degree or other relevant degree in Finance, Hospitality or Real Estate, possess strong analytical and effective communication skills to execute agreed financial models and valuation independently with the following attributes:
- At least 8 years of property acquisition and/or financial analysis experience either from hotel management company, real estate consultancy and/or private equity focused on property sector covering hospitality and real estate area;
- Strong technical know-how in performing valuation of property projects and applying principles of corporate finance are considered highly desirable for this position;
- Exceptional critical thinking with both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strength and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusion or approaches to problems;
- Good track record in successfully managing multiple projects independently at the same time; effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities; as well as dealing with people of different backgrounds and cultures;
- Strong business acumen is required; team player, responsible, self-driven individual with confident and outgoing personality in presenting his own inputs and recommendations independently;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English, Cantonese and Putonghua;
- Possess strong contact within the hospitality industry, especially within the consulting community is an advantage.