Distribution Marketing Manager
The job holder is required to creatively plan and execute cost effective and on-target trade promotions in various different formats through collaborations with wholesalers and agencies, and to drive marketing support to the China e-commerce platform. He/she will have a very close and direct working relationship with managers and executives of different Lines of Business throughout the Company on planning and executing various trade promotions and engagement activities, especially implementing launch and promotion programs for the Company’s new attractions and products, as well as various external stakeholders including travel trade partners such as travel agencies, airlines, coach companies, hotels, trade associations, shopping malls, media outlets and suppliers for tri-parties negotiations to achieve sales goals.
The job holder will also be required to safeguard the brand integrity while contributing direct effort to sales performance, coach a team of subject experts and marketing professionals, and provide with them strategic direction, support and tools to be successful in their roles.
- Support the Distribution Marketing Director to develop and execute all marketing strategies and tactics for the annual Sales and Distribution Marketing plan to initiate on-target trade promotions for Travel Trade Sales, aiming at driving incremental business and flattening out seasonality impacts on sales.
- Ensure successful launch of Company products in all sales distribution channels covering both traditional wholesalers/travel trade agencies, online agencies and e-commerce by developing innovative tools to facilitate effective trade education, communications and promotion. Develop all marketing message and materials promoting the Park and Resort and products selling with stimulation of write-up, image, videos and banner ads.
- Lead the team to develop and manage an effective pool of suppliers ranging from creative adaptation, photography, videographer, printing, collaterals and merchandize design and production, and warehouse management. Responsible for development and sustaining an effective point of sales materials management system, and design and produce merchandizes to support the various distribution channels from traditional wholesalers/travel trade agencies to online agencies and e-commerce.
- Develop and sustain strategic partnerships with both internal and external partners including managerial levels, key wholesalers, travel agents, major online sales platform, airlines, hotels and other tourism related organizations to foster a consistent and continued support to the Company products via collaborations and joint promotions across all regions of Asia.
- Lead and coach a team of subject experts and marketing professionals with specific market knowledge and skills, delegate assignments to complete all the programs up to the leaders’ satisfactory level as set by the annual Sales and Distribution Marketing operating plan, identify high potential employees and focus on their individual talent development for long-term success.
- Manage the marketing budget, with the end goal of help driving admissions, room nights, and revenue
- 10 years’ relevant experience, with at least 3 years’ experience in a management role
- Regional experience in marketing industry with strong project management and marketing communication skills, preferably gained from tourism industry
- High level of interpersonal skills to interact and persuade both internal and external partners to uphold the business interest of the Sales organization and the Company
- Ability to compose integrated sales and marketing plans, proposals, analyses, reports and advocate the marketing initiatives
- Regional/global advertising and marketing experience in tourism related industry will be an advantage
- Strong verbal and written communications and presentation skills in English, Cantonese and Putonghua