PANALPINA, is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions. The company combines its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions.
The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and it works with partner companies in over 90 countries. Panalpina employs approximately 15,000 people worldwide who deliver a comprehensive service to the highest quality standards – wherever and whenever.
We are now looking for high calibre candidate to join us in our office at Kwai Chung:
District Assistant Route Development Manager Far East
|Work exp||Minimum 3 Years|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||13-month pay, 5-day week, MPF, Medical plan, Shuttle bus|
|Industry||Freight Forwarding / Logistics / Delivery|
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Business Development
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Account Servicing
Logistics / Transportation > Freight / Cargo Forwarding
Reporting to Route Development Manager South China, you are responsible to develop prospect business in particular route pairings (country to country or trade to market pairs) within Panalpina Trade Lane and also to grow the assigned routes based on an aligned sales plan, customer target list and personal KPIs. The RDM plays an important role in establishing long-term strategic relationships with overseas counterpart, and also act as key liaison between sales and product organizations
- Develop and execute a comprehensive route plan aimed at identifying the top regional/industry opportunities and expanding business to both new and existing accounts in cooperation with product leadership team.
- Overall responsibility for customer acquisition of new business and further matures the targeted route.
- Identify and develop relationships with key decision makers at all levels within identified accounts
- Provide timely and accurate volume pipeline reports
- Deliver result by leveraging the skills of the right people at the right time
- Lead resolution of difficult issues through effective negotiation tactics
- Manage communication strategy within identified accounts
- Assist in the development of route specific products that respond to the changing market place
- Support procurement on development of targeted product mix
- Work closely with PA dedicated route counterparts to ensure products are market competitive and consult on any major pricing and operating issues relevant to the product portfolio on the route
- Minimum 3 years work experience in route development in Freight Forwarding Industry
- Good knowledge of air and ocean freight and global trade lanes
- Strong financial and business awareness, think analytically and is skilled at identifying business opportunities and setting respective route development strategy
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, assign and control objectives
- Ability to communicate and network with cross-cultural sensitivity
- Good command in both spoken and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Degree holder in Business Administration / Logistics or equivalent