Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace is a non-profit environmental organization with a presence in 40 countries. We expose global environmental problems and force positive changes through research, lobbying and non-violent direct action. We are now calling on brave and inspiring individuals to join us.
Diversity, Inclusiveness and Compliance- Assistant Manager
|Work exp||5 Years To 10 Years|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English|
|Location||Sai Ying Pun|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Dental plan, Home office, Insurance plan|
|Industry||Charity / NGO / Non-Profit Org|
Human Resources > HR Director / Manager
Human Resources > Others
Overall purpose of the job
The Assistant Manager is required to develop, implement and monitor programs that promote diversity, inclusiveness and compliance within GPEA. It involves developing training and initiatives to create and foster an open and inclusive environment as well as a compliance framework in line with GPI requirements. The Assistant Manager will serve as the trusted person for diversity and inclusiveness issues.
He/she is expected to lead projects in the GPEA region.
He/ She embrace the value of diversity and inclusion, and have the passion to inspire everyone in the organisation in that direction. You also have a good sense of integrity and capable of understanding the regulatory environment in Hong Kong, Mainland China, Taiwan and Korea. Please join us to build a beautiful environmental movement!
The job incumbent works under the general direction of the Organisation Support Director, and assumes responsibility for all diversity, inclusiveness and compliance issues. He/she demonstrates considerable independence and initiative with respect to decision-making, and provides leadership on the planning and development of strategies, plans and procedures. Decisions made by the assistant manager significantly impact the overall success and offices of the 4 countries of Greenpeace East Asia. Discretion is exercised in handling confidential and sensitive information.
Major functions / responsibilities
Conceptual tasks, Strategy development and/or Project management
- Direct and oversee the planning, development and implementation of diversity, inclusiveness and compliance strategy. Provide leadership to the development of objectives, strategies and program activities in order to achieve well integrated and impactful work for GPEA’s success
- Develop and implement projects according to the strategy; provide knowledge-based guidance and counsel to management on the development and implementation of projects.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging developments relating to diversity, inclusiveness and compliance issues. Analyze new developments in support of GPEA’s vision, objectives and strategies.
- Liaise and build relationships with GPI and other GP offices and relevant external parties on issues of relevance to meeting diversity, inclusiveness and compliance objectives.
- Provide expertise with respect to diversity, inclusiveness and compliance areas. Maintain high-level of knowledge on the issues related to responsible areas.
Support/ Coaching/ Leadership
- Provide leadership on the control of compliance due to the rules of GP code of conduct and legal requirements- information, training, coordination, consultation etc
- Develop guidelines to assist on compliance- Reporting on ‘compliance cases’.
- Submit reports on diversity and inclusiveness cases to management.
- Provide expert and strategic advice to management on all internal and external issues related to the responsible area.
- Prepare written materials, communicate with external parties, if required
Compliance/ Keeping Framework Conditions
- Assist and advise on training relating to diversity, inclusiveness and compliance to GP internal stakeholders
- Professional , in particular strategic and analytical abilities, and management skills with at least 3 years of experience.
- Sets and achieves goals, in particular demonstrated ability to achieve objectives with at least 5 years of experience in related fields.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with others
- Shares knowledge
- Trusts, values and respects others
- Innovative , in particular in techniques, strategies and practices related to responsible areas
- Experience in problem-solving
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Decision-making skills
- Ability to evaluate and assess
- Knowledge and understanding of the NGO sector
- Project management experience
- Time management skills
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Team player
- Strategic orientation
- Planning &; Organizing
- Able to work with others
- Identification with Greenpeace goals and supportive of Greenpeace values.
- Stress resistance.
- Ability to learn from experience.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
Specific Work Environment
- Works in a standard office environment, and is required to travel to other Greenpeace offices