A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Documentation Support Manager (1-year contract)
Hang Seng's Global Markets business provides superior service, fully integrated solutions and 24-hour global markets coverage. Our support framework is substantial. Our advanced technologies deliver quick access to key markets. Our capital strength allows us to tailor competitively-priced solutions for specific client business around the world. We provide a full spectrum of treasury services to our customers, including foreign exchange, interest rate risk management, derivatives products, capital markets instruments, as well as market intelligence on global trends and key developments.
Should you join our Global Markets business, you will get to know our customers and design reliable solutions that best meet their needs. You will help them to manage business risks arising from fluctuations in interest rates and exchange rates. With your professional knowledge and expertise, you will also assist in managing the Bank's activities in money markets, foreign exchange, derivatives, capital markets, as well as hedging the Bank's risk exposures. You can also make good use of your business acumen and market sense to development structured treasury products for different customer segments.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Documentation Support Manager (1-year contract).
- Prepare, negotiate and execute Traded Market Documentation for Hang Seng including, without limitation, ISDA Master Agreement, Credit Support Annex, Documentation for Margin Rules for Non-centrally Cleared Derivatives, IFEMA, GMRA, GMSLA, FX Master Agreement and any other ad hoc agreements from time to time, and any duties incidental to the above function.
- Create and maintain appropriate records, databases/systems and filing systems (including the CDU Documentation Database, GCOS, TMD/GDR, excel spreadsheets, scanning, archiving and retrieval of original agreements and/or working files etc). Ensuring that documentation information is accurately recorded on appropriate systems.
- Prepare documents, templates, cover letters, emails, other form of correspondences, execution document version, and any other documents.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy.
- Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations, including the performance of cross checking, auditing and any other internal or external controls mechanisms established for the group.
- Prepare management information reports and any ad hoc reports as required from time to time.
- Manage proper records of inflow and outflow of original documents, including for execution and archiving purposes.
- Ensure own and relevant team’s compliance with any agreed Service Level Agreement.
- Be able to provide assistance and/or education and/or discussions with other team members (including junior members) on technical issues and be able to share any market updates with the team.
- Ensure relevant team’s adherence issues in relation to process and procedures are escalated to relevant heads.
- Complete tasks delegated by relevant heads in a satisfactory manner.
- University graduate (business or commerce degrees preferred) with a minimum of 4 to 5 years working experience in an office environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and without direct supervision.
- Ability to interact effectively with other members of the organization, eg. front office and credit department.
- Strong familiarity with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Cantonese. Putonghua (Mandarin) or other language skills will be an advantage.
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes.
(Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position of Assistant Documentation Support Manager.)